Some stuff that will be in the Sims 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Elmo, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Elmo

Elmo New Member

Some stuff that will be in the Sims 2

Here is some info but it might not be true but i think it is.

Rather than being locked into four distinct camera angles, you can now rotate the camera smoothly around each scene. (Hitting Zoom puts you in a lulling focus shot, rather than a jarring jump cut into your Sim's face.

Within the context of raising an entire family, the team added the Life score, a new mechanism driven not only by money, but also by how well your Sim is living life and in what kind of environment, both physical and emotional.

You are now able to do more than one thing at a time, for example, if you're already watching television on your couch, you just select the fridge to get your snack. The game automatically know to get you up, retreive your popcorn, and then sit yourself back down, munching on popcorn while watching your favorite show

The Sims are also eerily aware of their surroundings, for example, Sims grow particularly attached to their possessions and will notice if something in the house is borken or missing. In the case of something being missing, they acutally think about it and yearn for it to be back.

You can now change the color and texture of furniture, but not the shape.

There is more detail in objects... When your Sim works out on a weight machine, for example, you can see how many weights are actually being used (and you'll watch as he adds more).

Recliners will now kick back, and cheap beds will break from the wear and tear of too much "play."

Not every object from the expansions will be included, but a select few from each were chosen

The neighborhood will be like The Sims: Unleashed, with 50 lots total.

You can now build multiple story homes, with basements, and place doors and windows on diagonal walls (we are not sure as to how high or low, for that information has yet to be released). You can also build on mountains.

There are weekends now. While there are no specific dates, time is referred to by the weekly calendar, i.e., "Your kid's birthday is next Monday."

Time passes for your currently selected family only; other Sims in the world are frozen in time.

There are three new motives: Thrist, Mind, and Family. (Family is a different type of Social; the old Social is now called Friends.)

NPCs (such as the maid, the pizza delieverer, etc.) are now actual Sims who can join your family. There are NO pets.

Elders, upon retirement, recieve a pension and basically become free Sims who help out their family.

The Sims express love, anger, deceit, lust, despondence, and contentment with their faces.

The game will keep track of all the Sims and their children, making a vast family tree retrievable with the click of a mouse.

Now you will be able to create videos and take snap shots of your sims throughout their lives.

:) i am sorry if this is old.
    I got this info on this website http://www.twisted-dreams.net/thesims2/ (go on facts)

2. Elmo

Elmo New Member

I found more info on the web but they are only rumors!!!

1. That there might be a funeral and you get to chose where to bury the sim(like your back yard or somewhere else)

2.When they get married they have a little ceremony, like they go to the church and get married.

3. The release date will be sometime in November.

4. there will be a world creator where you will be able to build the neighborhood from scratch. (Most likely true)

5. as your families expand, so will your neighborhood. There will be 50 lots, just like the expansion pack Unleashed in the neighborhood. (Most Likely True)

6. Teens will have curfew

7.moms might have twins

8. You can climb trees

9.You can have more than 8 people in a family,i really hope it's true but it most likely isn't

10. you'll be able to go as close as you want to you sim

11. two families can live in the same house

12. When mothers go to the hospital they stay for a few days

13.There are burials

14.You can choose individual clothing items, including hats & accessories

15.In addition to actual weather, there will be temperature changes

16.Sims will be able to actually cry (there will be tears, not just holding their hands over their faces), sweat, etc.

17.There will be expansion packs, the same as from Sims 1 but modified for Sims 2

i am sorry if this is old.

I got it from http://groups.msn.com/TheSims-2/rumors.msnw

3. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

before u post all this, u need to look to see if its already been posted! ive seen this info and im guessing a bunch of others have, but go you

4. TS2willrock

TS2willrock New Member

Yeah, pretty much all the same stuff we heard before, but there is a few new stuff on there. Interesting about the weddings and funerals. Glad it's not just your sims spinning into their wedding clothes or turning into a gravestone. Also the trees thing sounds cool too. I wonder if you build a fence around your sims if they could just jump over it rather than just being stuck in it for the rest of their lives. Hmmm, if it's so, I guess that's one of my ways to kill some of my Sims has been taken away.

5. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

It sounds pretty cool but some of the options that they have for it are rather annoying. :p

6. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Time passes for your currently selected family only; other Sims in the world are frozen in time.

What??thats the first thing that i dont like...

so if im playing with one baby he will grow up...and the other baby from the other house will stay a baby..

now thats unrealtic....

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

rumours 4 n 5 r true n i hope the sims CAN climb trees i hope they have clubhouses in the tree too! n i hope to c pix uv the sims cry wit twards n stuff i also hope the twins rumour n realease date is true but i doubt its gonna go out in november...also the more than 8 family members is not true

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

The search for info, somewhat resembles a fish feeding frenzy.
    :knockedout:

9. TS2willrock

TS2willrock New Member

I know what you mean, Kingofthenet. I was just thinking about that today. Imagine if a teen gets kicked out of a house and gets his own and if you play with him until he's an elder and his parents are still adults! Crazy stuff there man!

10. TS2willrock

TS2willrock New Member

Wait, I just remembered another rumor I heard somewhere. I heard that the Vanity Table from the Sims PS2 game is gonna be in there! I sure hope it's true. The Vanity Table was one of my favorites features of that game.

11. Sasile

Sasile New Member

Whats.... the vanity table? lol ignore my ignorance, but i don't have a ps2!!

12. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I HAVE EVEN WORSE THING....

IF TEENAGERS ARE IN ROMANTIC RALSHINSHIP...AND YOU R PLAYING WITH THE MALE(JUST FOR EXAMPLE) AND HE GROWS UP...SO THE FEMALE WILL HAVE TO GROW UP FIRST (THAT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE TO PLAY WITHHER FAMILY)TO RETAIN THIER ROMANTIC.....WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT THIS THING???

13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

whoa...don't shout. :-S

14. momerplay

momerplay New Member

Interesting and can't wait till game come out whenever it will.

I am a devoted sim fan with my whole family in a neighborhood and the new concepts will make it more interesting indeed.

I just wonder if we can put our real family photos on the sims faces or is that not possible yet.

15. TS2willrock

TS2willrock New Member

The Vanity Table is some sort of table in the game where you can change the styles of your sims (like hair and all that).

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I hadn't heard of the vanity table, sounds great! I hope they include something like that for sims 2, I've always wished I could change my sims hairstyle etc. while playing instead of using other programs to change to a different head oustide the game.

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Yeah the vanity table sounds good. Does that mean that hair can grow? And you have to get haircuts?

18. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Will there be hairdressers?
    those with one skill might cut the ears off another sim

19. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

lol id laugh

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

haha I don't think the hair grows or they cut it, but that could be fun if it did! I think it means things like when I wish my sim with a ponytail head could switch to something more formal like her hair up in a twist for her evening gown, she could go to the vanity and switch heads to the different hairstyle one. That's just what I have the impression of though, I've never seen the object used so I don't know for sure. Has anyone here had experience with this object? Can you tell us for sure how it works? :)