Spore Something Simillar to The Spore Creature Editor.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Lainehart, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Lainehart

Lainehart New Member

Something Simillar to The Spore Creature Editor.

Well, not exactly... sorry for the misleading title... but I have something almost as good;

As I was browsing my extensive games library yesterday. I found a game called Graffiti Kingdom. It looked different, and I like different. So I popped it into my PS2 and started playing. Overall, the gameplay was lacking (it's basically an over-simplified action RPG), the presentation was fairly good, very unique and at times very cool, but the thing that really made me happy was the "Graffiti Creature Editor"

This editor let you make any creature you wanted, just by drawing whatever shape wherever on your creature, the game instantly turns that part into 3D, you then define what function it has and "Presto!" the game figures out all the animations and attacks your creature can have depending on how you designed your creature. You can even change attacks and change the way your creature animates after it's all done. Heck, you can even choose the level of shading on your creature (from uber-cel-shaded to way too much shadow).

It's actually almost as intuitive and powerful as Spore's version (I stress the word "almost")

I had a Gamespot link to the review but I forgot it and can't be bothered getting it again... search for yourself if you're interested.

Admin Note: Thread Title Edited; Please do not use misleading titles. -Heat [The Rules]

Edit: Sorry about that, Heat. Won't happen again, promise.

2. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Although I don't think the Graffiti Creature Editor is as sophisticated as the Spore Creature/Everything else Editor will be, that game is really fun. But I only rented it and couldn't find anywhere to buy it :( . Still, it was cool when I had it...

3. Lainehart

Lainehart New Member

Definitely not as sophisticated but it's something to tide me over until at least the Spore Creature Editor comes out!

4. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

5. Lainehart

Lainehart New Member

I already have that!

6. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

It's a small wrold after-- GAH!! BAD MEMORIES OF DISNEYWORLD!! Oh, by the way, there are something like 408 robots on that ride. Yes, I counted. The eighth time I rode it. :banghead:

(Back on topic...)But, yeah, it's pretty cool. I've only made one creature. A mix between a chicken and a cat and a spider and a duck.

7. Saim

Saim New Member

Yes use that it rocks.

8. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

hmm, good find Saim! it is pretty cool!

9. Saim

Saim New Member

Ummmm... InvaderBlack found it.

10. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I still am waiting for the offical Creature Editor.

11. Petreak

Petreak New Member

Aren't we all. Hehe! :D

12. artistvrd

sorry about that invaderblack. That program is just to pass time i guess, it's pretty neat. But remember the beta we're hoping for! The official creature editor will be tons better, mainly because it's the game and it's official ;)

13. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Props where props belong...

And did everyone sign the petition? I'm signature 603!

14. artistvrd

of course I did! I'm like 40?

15. master genesis

master genesis New Member

I tink im nuber 4 or 6 im not sure.

16. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Dang. I feel so irresponsible for signing so late. :(

17. artistvrd

hey don't be, it's currently at 1254, and your 663, that's nearly half! spread the word, we can probably hit 2000 if we get the sims 2 fans who have never heard of Spore sign it!

18. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Please keep on topic fellas.

Heat

19. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Oops, sorry.

So about the topic, I only got to like the third level of the game so I didn't really get all of the tools you can use.

20. artistvrd

well, keep going, it's pretty cool i guess, something to do for the horrible wait for SPORE