SimCity Societies somethings wrong

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by luvinlatia, Dec 30, 2007.

1. luvinlatia

luvinlatia New Member

somethings wrong

okay i got this game on christmas and i installed it once and it told me to reinstall it. so i did. but then it did a C++ Runtime error. so i reinstalled it and now everytime i try to start it is says: SimCity has encountered a problem and needs to close. We're sorry for the inconvience. basically one of those Don't Send or Send Error Report messages. does anyone knows how to fix this cuz so far this game is a piece of trash unless i can get it to start. and i have the 2nd patch installed

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

please post your DXDIAG information so we can start troubleshooting. I can't guarantee that you'll be able to solve the problem - Societies was released with a lot of issues, but we will try.

To get that information, you go to the Start Menu, select Run then type in dxdiag into the box. Save the information to a text file and post it here.

3. luvinlatia

luvinlatia New Member

all of it from beginning to end or parts of it?

4. luvinlatia

luvinlatia New Member

it won't let me copy and paste anything on my reply

5. Judhudson

Save it as a .txt file then when you reply to this thread, at the bottom there should be a button that says Manage Attachments. Upload your text file there.

6. luvinlatia

luvinlatia New Member

here it is

Attached Files:

7. luvinlatia

luvinlatia New Member

so do you have any idea of what it might be??

8. Judhudson

I don't know if this is the true reason it is not working, but according to the official specs, you need a graphics card that is ATI Radeon 9600 or greater, and yours is a RADEON 9550. I wouldn't think this would be the reason for you having the C++ error, but that is the first thing I spotted according to your DXDIAG. It would really suck if the graphics card is the cause...

Hopefully a second opinion is needed, anybody else want to chime in to see if this may be the cause?

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    -------------------
    * Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel CPU or faster, AMD XP 2100+ or faster
    * Memory: 512 MB RAM
    * Hard drive: at least 2.1 GB free space
    * Video card: 128 MB**
    * DVD drive: 4 speed
    * Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
    * DirectX - Version 9.0c (included on disc)
    * Input - Keyboard, Mouse
    *Windows Vista requires a 2.4 GHz processor or equivalent and 1 GB RAM.

**Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or greater; ATI Radeon 9600 or greater; onboard chipsets not supported. Windows Vista requires an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater, ATI Radeon X600 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

If you want more info go to:

http://simcitysocieties.ea.com/help/read...

9. luvinlatia

luvinlatia New Member

now i reinstalled it and now i have a C++ Runtime error and i installed the link on another thread in this section. now what could be wrong??

10. Judhudson

I really would like to give you more ideas to help you out, but I am fresh out of them...I still think it might be because of the graphics card. Try getting a second opinion here: http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40&page=2&order=desc

The creators of the game often browse that board, so perhaps you can hear a solution straight from the horses mouth.

11. luvinlatia

luvinlatia New Member

luv it

nvm i played this on my brother's g/f's laptop and it worked. omg this game is so fun but i would've like more disasters like tornadoes, floods, and lightning. i definintly would have loved the car driving feature like in Sim City 4: Rush Hour. i hope they add that to societies. but it sorta isn't what i expected. oh well its still very awesome.

12. Judhudson

Glad you got it running though. Enjoy the game, it's not as bad people say it is, it is just a pain to get past the errors if you have any!