Troubleshooting Sorry! Something else came up! *huuge sigh*

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by muffin-tacos, Mar 1, 2011.

1. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I'm back with more Sims woes, I'm affraid.

Right, so I've got this glitch in my game that seems to be getting worse and worse. My sim will invite another sim over and that sim will say Sure! Sounds like fun! I'll be there in a few. The sim then calls back only a moment later and says Sorry! Something else came up! This happens every time I want to invite someone over.

I've tried meeting up with the bothersome sim on a community lot, but that's even more annoying because the sim doesn't turn up, claiming something else came up, and my sim has gone all that way for a no-show!

Sooner or later this happens to everyone my sims want to invite over. I've been having to make my own sims in CAS so that my sims will have people to marry! And they're not just at work or anything because then they wouldn't agree to come over first.

I can post my computer specs if you want, but I doubt that will give any answers to the situation.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Using any mods by chance?

3. muffin-tacos

Yes, I am. I've got a few hair and clothes downloads and the Awesome mod installed. Also I've got a few hacks like skip the intro scene, remove the zzz's and remove the music notes coming out of instruments. You think an old mod could be causing this problem? Hmm, interesting... I was thinking a mod couldn't possibly be this annoying. :p

4. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Actually an old mod that is not compatible with a new update can cause a ton of problems. So before you update your game, make sure your mod have a newer version that is compatible with the new update.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I've heard some rumors that doing a "RESET SIM" works too

6. muffin-tacos

I've done a lot of reseting of my sims, but that doesn't seem to work, Josh.

Right, so it looks like I'll have to figure out which mod could be causing this preoblem. It's going to take a while. I'll return if the problem keeps happening.

Wish me luck! *fingers crossed*

7. muffin-tacos

The downloads don't seem to be causing this glitch because my friend (who has no downloads in her game) has this problem, too. It happened after she updated her game. It's likely that a patch is behind this.

I strongly dislike updating my game because I've encountered several problems that have been caused by patches.

Any ideas what should be done now? Is there any way one could alert EA to this annoying problem?

8. swmeek

have you checked to see if anyone else with the awesomemod has had this problem?
    maybe it's something El Presidente can fix but then asking questions over there is generally a waste of time as people treat you like you a fracking idiot over there.

9. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The only way I know to alert EA is to go to the TS3 website and post it in one of the bug/glitch messages in Technical Support. They do use those to find things to fix. Sometimes it's actually a minor enough problem that they'll actually fix it.

10. muffin-tacos

It doesn't seem like it's a problem with the Awesome mod since my friend has this problem and she doesn't have any mods installed in her game.

I guess I'll have to try to post it on EA's website. I tried to before, but the forums were shut down. They probably couldn't handle all the complaints.

Thanks, Kat!

11. swmeek

But look at all the simple glitches people have been complaining about they're never fixed though.
    I think they're too concerned with making another glitchy product , maybe fixing a few bugs in it if we're lucky and then getting the next glitchy product out the door.

12. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The site is frequently down for service. (The site is almost as buggy as the game, unfortunately.)

13. swmeek

That's sad when you can't keep up with your product let alone your website!

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I wonder if your friend has the same game version as you though..