Special Occasions

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by TheHairyDudette, Aug 27, 2003.

1. TheHairyDudette

TheHairyDudette New Member

Special Occasions

I think it would be really good if there were different types of decor sets for special occasions.

Like for Halloween there could be Jack-O-Lanterns, and different decorations to hang on the walls, or cardboard cut outs of skeletons etc, or for a baby being born, there can be different sets for new born boys and girls (blue/white or pink/white), you know, for their welcoming into the home.

And if you could actually celebrate these occasions, at grocery stores, there could be a little section where you can buy things like candy or cake for the occasion....

I know it would be a really complicated thing for Maxis/EA to do, but I think it would be really interesting....

I hope I made sense... :ermm:

2. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea i like the idea i wuld like to do sumtin like that hope there's a baby isle in the store i hope there iz!

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I would really love to at least be able to have different colors for boy and girl baby cribs. :D I think since they had a christmas tree and jack o lantern and thanksgiving turkey and the birthday cake for the first sims game they'll probably have SOMETHING like that for holidays or celebrations in sims 2. :)

4. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea i wuldnt want a blue crib n boy toys for my sims's baby girl it wouldn't sound right lol

5. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

hehe yeah it wouldnt i would most definetly waznt different colored cribs for them

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

We'll have to wait and see I guess... the original sims game just has the one color crib and baby in gender "neutral" colors. They might do that again in sims 2....

7. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

i hope that they spice the sims up a lil more! everything was so boring in the first one when compared to the second!

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

So, what would you say were some of the most exciting moments or features in the original sims game, and how to you think or hope they might handle those same things in sims 2? :D

9. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

hmm id have to get back to you on that 1

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Keep thinking about it! You're SOOO excited about the sims 2 that I'd really like to know. :p

11. katrina

katrina New Member

I hope they do have things to celebrate christmas and easter and halloween. They shojuld say something on the calendar like "Christmas is next Thursday" and have a christmas tree available to buy from a week before and special presents and lights and decorations and easter eggs and turkeys and things but only around the holiday they are for.

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hmmm I heard of them having the weekly calandar now so they have days off, but I hadn't thought about whether the GAME decided which month is was so would control what time of year it is! I don't know if I'd want to have to play a whole Sims Year between setting up Christmas! :p Now I'll have to wait and see!!

13. katrina

katrina New Member

hee hee. I never thought of having everyday as Christmas day in the sims. But then the good thing about the sims is you can make it how you want it. So why not? :)

14. lilfaeriegirl078

i really hope that like in the kitchen u can hang a calendar.. and it can tell u what day it is and stuf! like u can click view on it.. then it would get bigger and show u major holidays and bday and stuff! i would love that!

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I don't know if they'll have the calandars work like that but I really like your idea for it to be like that! :D

16. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea that would be cool

17. lilfaeriegirl078

thanks. i think it would be a neat and helpful idea so u know when everything is

18. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea that wuld be cool to have calendars like u can plan thins like parties n stuff

19. lilfaeriegirl078

mmmmmmmmmmm doughnuts..... lol sorry! but calendars would be awesome!

20. katrina

katrina New Member

doughnuts?