Spore Spore Hero Wallpaper Challenge

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Judhudson, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Spore Hero Wallpaper Challenge

Just in time, I have something in mind for these!* MaxisCactus is holding a new contest creating wallpapers based on Spore Hero!* Thanks to SporeOperations for the find!

[​IMG]

You blew us away with your talent during the last wallpaper challenge so we’re having a new one!

Spore Hero for the Wii is coming out on Oct 6th, and to celebrate we’re having a Hero themed challenge.

In the Hero Wallpaper Challenge, make an image for your desktop that incorporates some of the background art or creatures from Spore Hero.

Create the best wallpaper, post it here, and compete for a chance to win the Hero Wallpaper Challenge!

Resources:
    • Background Art from Spore Hero
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Character Art from Spore Hero
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

How to post an image on the Sporum
    Fansite kit 1
    Fansite kit 2
    Spore Hero site

How to Submit:
    • Make a cool creation in any editor – publish it with the tag mcherowallpaperchallenge
    • Create a wallpaper that incorporates an image of this creation and any art from Spore Hero (dimensions 1024×768x)
    • Upload your wallpaper to the web and post a link to it here on the forum along with the name of the creation used

Prize
    Glory – as always – and a chance to be featured on Spore.com

Rules:
    Your creation:
    • must not have any parent authored by a different creator.
    • must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations).
    • must not have any offensive material, links or references to other sites in the submission’s tags, name, or description
    Your wallpaper:
    • must be an original piece of art created by you, but may incorporate imagery from Spore screenshots, fansite kits, and above listed Hero resources.
    • must not have any offensive or copyrighted material (other than the images available in the fansite kit), links or references to other sites in the submission’s tags, name, or description

Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered to win this challenge.

Additional Requirements:
    • Your creation may be made in any creator
    • Your wallpaper may be made using any image editing program
    • You can submit as many wallpapers as you’d like
    • All submissions must be in by 11:00 AM PST Friday (10/28/09)

Wallpaper Challenge FAQ

Q: Can a wallpaper incorporate more than one of my creations?
    Yep, you can incorporate as many of your own creations as you like, as long as you include at least one.

Q: Can I use a creation that I already made? Can I edit an older creation and use it in this?
    Yes, you can use any of your own creations as long as they were originally authored by you.

Q: Will my wallpaper change the look of the Sporum?
    A: No, the goal is to create a desktop wallpaper for use as people’s desktop backgrounds. The Sporum skin will not change as a result of this challenge.

Q: Can I use a creation someone else made in this in addition to my own creation?
    A: No. All creations used must be by you, but you can supplement the art with scenery from Spore or any of the images available in our fansite kits.

Q: Should I be nesting quotes with other people’s images in them?
    A: Please don’t. If you need to nest quotes, please remove embedded images to keep this thread organized and clean.

Q: Can I use images of the Grox?
    A: Yes, the Grox can be incorporated into your image.

Q: Are we allowed to use the stylefilter cheats when taking screenshots for our pics?
    A: Yes!

Q: Can I use the Spore logo or Spore Hero? I saw that I can’t use copyrighted material.
    A: Yes, you can use any image in the fansite kit, including the Spore logo. The copyrighted material rule has been updated to clarify this.

Q: Can the wallpaper be animated?
    A: No. Your wallpaper should be in PNG or JPG format.

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]