Spore Spore now won't play even though it could before!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by CshireCat, Dec 22, 2009.

1. CshireCat

CshireCat New Member

Spore now won't play even though it could before!!! HELP!!!

This is really annoying. I recently got Windows 7 and have loaded Spore onto it. It was brilliant and everything was running ok. :D

A few days later I had a bit of trouble with my monitor. The resolution had suddenly changed, so I went to change it to a more preferred one. After that the monitor would just display a black screen with a message says "Input not valid" or something like that. :eek:

Anyway, I managed to fix it by resetting the settings from 9pm the other night. The resolution isn't fully back to normal but at least the screen was showing again. Just now I've tried to play Spore and it will not work! :depressed:

I've tried several different resolutions but it kept coming up with that "Input not valid" message and I have to reboot my computer to get the screen back! :mad: Can someone please help me? (sorry for the long winded message).

2. CshireCat

CshireCat New Member

Sorry, I rechecked the error message and it's actually "Input not supported".
    The message I believe is also coming from the monitor, not from the PC (if that makes sense).

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Find out what monitor you have. If it's an LCD it should be set to its native resolution. Windows and Spore should be set to this resolution.