SimCity 4 Starting Sim City problems

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Mary Jo, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Mary Jo

Mary Jo New Member

Starting Sim City problems

Hello,

I just bought sim city 4 Deluxe Edition. the instalation went smoothly but when I started the game up the bridge picture appeared then it started to show the EA logo but then it exited out of sim city and went back to the windows xp startup menu. can anybody help me out

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Do you have the latest patches for SimCity 4 Deluxe?

3. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

ok, so I post on this thread even though its not regadring that excact issue. Reason? Last time I posted something about SC4, it took 8 months to get an answer!
    OK, so I have visited Simtropolis. Great site. I have learned about how to download all those cool buildings, and behold! they dont work....
    Apparently I need the dependency files. Yes, es, thats all good. But no one told me where to get these files. I have talked to many people there, and they all say the same. Get the dependency files. OK, but how? And thats my question. Please, please, I am getting frustrated because of this. I have waited for answers for weeks, so please. Where do I find the files i need
    Thank you

4. Mary Jo

Mary Jo New Member

downloaded patchs but still dosent work

yes I installed the patches for Sim City 4 Deluxe Editon but still the same problem happens

5. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Dependancy files are typically listed in a lot description and usually linked to in a lot/BAT's description on the Simtropolis Exchange.(ST Exchange on the top bar of Simtropolis)

6. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Its working

Great news! I just persevered and talked to some one at the forum. Turns out I was doing the right thing all along. I just forgot to move the files I had unzipped to the right folder. After that, everything works. Thanks

7. Mary Jo

Mary Jo New Member

SIMS won't run even with patches downloaded

Yes,I've downloaded the patches and the program will still not run. What do you suggest I do?