SimCity 4 Starting Year

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by PhilipTarbuck, Jan 25, 2003.

1. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Starting Year

I don't believe that you can start Sim City 4 in any year of your choosing - can you? It seems to have a set start date. Did the old Sim Cities have a set start date? I had a feeling that new technology was available when the appropriate year came for that.
    The graphics are great, though, and the game is good to play. There don't seem to be so many pre-made cities available, but no doubt they will become available through the various sites in due course.

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Earlier SimCitys have different years to start on. 1900, 1950, 2000 and I think 2050 in Simcity 2000. According to what year you start on, you also had technology available. But the more modern starting point the more expensive start you got, since people also wanted it to be more modern. I haven't a clue about SC4 though.

3. [ S a g e o n ]

[ S a g e o n ] New Member

I haven't been able to start on a year other than 2000, so I don't think you can choose different years.

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Interesting. Is there any technical developement like in earlier simcitys like some things are available only after a certain year?

5. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Yes, there are one or two, I understand, that are not immediately available. The difficult thing is balancing the budget and meeting the screaming demands of the people living in your town. If you haven't got a police station, a fire station, a school, or whatever then they scream at you to put it in immediately - even if you haven't got the money to do so. The best thing to do is to ignore them and do it only when you have the money. If a building catches fire then let it burn until you can afford a fire station, for example.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Harsh but I think it's very real, at least for some places on earth. :classic:

7. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I just do not see how you can make the city perfect. I can never afford sufficient police stations, fire stations, schools, etc, etc.

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

The perfect city is probably Utopia. I got that impression form the chat event the other night anyway as well. But to build successful citys aren't impossible at all.

I recommend you read the chatevent transcript as soon as you can Philip. There are a long, very interesting sequens with "build up" tips. :classic: