Stealing Their Lives Away

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Stealing Their Lives Away

I got sick of a couple of sims last night. They were raising their twins, now teenagers. They had achieved close to the top of their careers. They were boring me!! I want to move on to the second generation, and these sims are just my "gene pool" sims, if you know what I mean. My real emphasis is getting to the thrid generation. So I used Merola's Painting and aged them into Elders a tad early (just 12 days! LOL) Anyone else do this?

2. zydeco

zydeco New Member

Yep! That's the method I use for "retiring" people I don't like. I just subtract days until the grim reaper does his thing. It seems more humane. ;)

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I've thought about getting a sim that I wanted to go away to drink the elixir when their aspiration level was in the green. Wouldn't this age them fast? Never tried it, except once by accident and so I didn't save the game. But my neighborhoods are so crowded I'm giving it more thought. :p

4. Sylla

Sylla New Member

I have tried this method in the hope of aging a sim while in the green, and it didn't work, it added more days to their life instead (one of those little quirks I guess). So I went back to Merolas painting which works so much better because you can add or subtract up to 10 days in one hit (the elixer is only 3 days).

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've had sims age that way accidentally, so I know it can work.

I guess it's kind of like the simolean trees. Sometimes it works properly even when you're in the green.

I also gave a baby Smart Milk when her mom was in the green and the bottle glowed red ... oops! I stopped her from drinking the whole thing.

Let's just say she didn't get potty trained that day. :rolleyes:

6. HillsAngel

HillsAngel New Member

Yep. Tried that one on Don Lothario cos I'm getting bored with him, so got him into the green before drinking the elixir; lost three days one day and then he got them all back the next :cry:

7. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

8. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Its sad though because the elixer of life can't take you back a stage.

9. Narra Girl

Narra Girl New Member

what is merolas painting

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

11. zydeco

zydeco New Member

You can get Merola's Painting at Varioussimmers, Modthesims, and at his own site. http://www.simchaotics.com/

He has several things I love. He converted most of the original kitchen counters and nightstands into wardrobes. I love that the bedside table holding the lamp can double as a wardrobe. It's nice for smaller bedrooms. I use the kitchen counters in the bathrooms to make a vanity. In small bathrooms I have the ability to change clothing without trudging to a wardrobe down the hall. In fact, I almost never put those huge wardrobes in my homes.

12. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Hey Kristal!

I'm starting to feel the same way you are. I have 5 families that I used to start my neighborhood out so that their kids would marry each other, etc. Well, most of their kids are adults with their own kids now, and the original Sims (who only have four want slots and feels historic to play) are just sitting around in their homes in a state of perpetual timelessness.

I think it's time to go through and kill them all off, then I can have their grandkids move into the old "family estate" and start the cycle all over again.

Funny how we all manage to hit the same stage in our games at the same time. =)

13. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

that's only if we manage to not kill our families off with new eps

14. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Meh. I just use boolprop.

15. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I struck again. :) I aged Tina and her son Kyle. Her hubby Barthalomew had been vampireized and then didn't have the sense to stay out of the sunlight, so her "storyline" was pretty much over. She wanted to start dating another happilly married man, and I just couldn't let that happen. :rolleyes:

16. zydeco

zydeco New Member

Did you keep him in the sun on purpose or did you have freewill on and he was just stupid?

I've thought about turning Ophelia Spector and her hubby into vampires... primarily because I can't put a driveway on the Spector lot without doing massive renovations. Since they can't have a car, they could fly...right? Can they fly to the grocery and stuff? The old Spector home is already creepy in Strangetown, I thought it would be an appropriate way to take this family. They could remain as guardians of all those ghosts. I'm not sure I even want to fool with the whole vampire thing though. What can I do with vampires? The one sim I had that was "vampireized" was so much trouble I "cured" her. She was one of my few expendable sims...I should have stuck it out longer.

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

some sims are just troublemakers aren't they?

18. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

No, I had freewill on. I had put him in his coffin just before 6 am, and he got up around noon and went swimming. I kept cancelling the action and clicking on the coffin, but he would just stand by the pool like a big dummy with smoke coming off his skin!!! I think I tried about 3 times to get him to get back into his coffin before Grimmy showed up. :rolleyes:

19. zydeco

zydeco New Member

That's the very reason I "cured" my one vampire! Shouldn't they stay in that coffin for the daylight hours? Mine wouldn't stay there, either. It was worse than keeping up with a toddler running amok.

20. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Okay, I made a decision the other night when I was playing my neighborhood. I have too many sims again. 30 base sims was just too much. :( I think I can shrink it down to 5 or 6 base families, just my favorites, so I'm not overwhelmed. Because right now, since I got NL and have all these new townies running around, I can't keep up with all my sims!!!

So, I think that we are going to have a very full cemetary. A case of the "boolprop" flu. ;)