Troubleshooting Still doesnt work!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by XxAngelbabyJCxX, Sep 19, 2004.

1. XxAngelbabyJCxX

XxAngelbabyJCxX New Member

Still doesnt work!!

Ok well i went to this website http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=797 and downloaded the graphics thing that was for my computer which was the Intel 82815 Graphics Controller and my sims 2 still didnt work.. so i tried to re-install the DirectX and i still got the error message "failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate" i have no clue what to do now?? this is getting really frustrating :mad:

2. astaregod

astaregod New Member

some people have been having problems with refresh rates being forced by a program. As some people have stated, sims2 will only run with a refresh rate of 60Hz, so if a program is forcing a refresh rate other than 60Hz, there will be a problem. Reply with your refresh rate (you can find it by going to display properties, clicking the settings tab, clicking the advanced button, clicking the monitor tab, then it will be under screen refresh rate). There could be a program that is forcing something other than 60Hz.

I have not gotten the game yet (I will tomorrow) and I will try to find a program that forces a refresh rate other than 60Hz so I can see how it might be fixed.

3. XxAngelbabyJCxX

ok i went to display properties, then i clicked the settings tab, then the advanced button, then i clicked the monitor tab but there wasnt anything that said screen refresh rate :confused:

4. astaregod

astaregod New Member

what kind of windows version do you have? 98 / Me / 2000 / XP? It might be different in other versions of Windows.

5. XxAngelbabyJCxX

i have Windows Me.. but i was messing around with it and found it.. instead of being under the "monitor" tab it was under the "adapter" tab... but currently my refresh rate is set to "optimal"

6. astaregod

astaregod New Member

hmm... alright. You can probably safely set your refresh rate to 60Hz and try to run the game. With WinMe listing your rate as "optimal" it doesn't say what it is currently (I hate that) but try setting it at 60Hz, run the game again (or at least try) and tell me what happens.

7. XxAngelbabyJCxX

ok i set it to 60Hz and its still doing the same thing

8. astaregod

astaregod New Member

ok, then obviously it isn't a refresh rate problem. we can rule that out.

it looks as if you updated your drivers OK. follow the suggestions in Josh's sticky post about reinstalling DirectX which can be found here: http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=2869

post back your results after you have done the above. thanks :)

9. XxAngelbabyJCxX

i went to the thread and did what it said to did.. then i re-installed the directx again.. for like the 5th time.. ive installed it from the Sims 2 cd and ive downloaded it from the microsoft website .. and it still doesnt work

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

does compatibility mode work in your favor?

11. XxAngelbabyJCxX

what is compatibility mode?

12. astaregod

astaregod New Member

compatibility mode tricks a program to think that it's running under a different operating system. like, if you have windows xp and it doesn't work, you can use compatibility mode to trick it into thinking its running under windows 98 or windows me. it works for some older programs and may fix graphics problems.

to enable compatibility mode, find the shortcut for sims2 (any shortcut will work, you can usually find one on the desktop or in the start menu), right-click the shortcut, click the compatibility tab, check the box that says "run this program in compatibility mode for:" then select "Windows 98 / Windows Me". try running the game again.

13. alssetna

alssetna New Member

Which driver did you intstall?

You must have version 6.7 for your graphics card in order to install DirectX 9.0c.

14. hysteria

hysteria New Member

seems like no one have found e solutions to e directx9 problems . . its neither e upgrade software of e graphic card or e systems requirements for all ... if anyone found e solution to e directx9 prob .. post it up !