How Do I Still Love My Hacks!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Marykay123, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marykay123

Marykay123 New Member

Love my Hacks

:cool:

I love some of the hacks I have been able to download. One of my families have 16 children by using the Quads, twins and triplet hack. Have been trying for several hours to download the "mailbox hack" so social services will not take away my children. I have Sims2, Sims University and Nightlife. Anyone out there with the same problem and maybe a solution?

Thanks much... ;)

Mary

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hi Mary, Please just post each question once.

Once you learn how to play the game social services won't come. In the meantime try limiting the number of kids. They don't get taken away if you feed them, give them social time and send them to school. They also need to do their homework, and having a parent show them how helps. If you want practice try playing another family for a while.

Just like in real life, it pays to not have more kids than you can handle. ;)

Hacks aren't always reliable and may screw up your game, as you've seen. Not all hackers are created equal.

The game is still fun with a normal number of kids and once you learn how to play raising them gets easier. I had a teenager raise three sets of twins by herself after her mom moved out and they all made it to adulthood just fine, no hacks. But that was after I'd been playing a while.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Actually I am bit concerned about Mary's downloading habit. :(

We don't condone the downloading of games at World Sims. I cannot imagine why you would be struggling to download a "hack". In general -- for playing legally bought and installed games -- hacks are small files that are placed in the downloads directory of My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/. Hacks, therefore, are not difficult to download because they take only seconds to transmit even without a broadband connection. I suspect you are having trouble in downloading because the file you want is a large one that is "hosted" on a P2P network rather than on a fixed server.

Dodgy or illegal hacks are often clumsy and badly made revisions of the Sims2.exe file that resides in the program files directory. Such files dangerous, untested and may corrupt more than just your game .... :eek:

Mary, if I am judging you incorrectly I apologise, but I feel an immediate sense of revulsion for anyone who thinks that making virtual children suffer is OK. If you cannot manage and keep happy such a ludicrously large number of children you should not be seeking to have that many in the first place. What possible fun can there be in watching a large brood of unruly, dirty, starvling, over-tired children grow up without getting a decent education, which is measured in The Sims by a daily school report card. (That's not a question I expect an answer for; let's call it rhetoric, eh?)

Am I ranting? You betcha. Even if by downloading The Sims 2 and the expansion packs, you did not mean that you you downloaded them from pirate sites via p2p networks like bit torrent, I am still perplexed, annoyed and, frankly, angry, that someone who describes themselves as a mother of human children would think it necessary (let alone desirable) to find ways to subvert the game's built-in protocols that are designed to prevent the game being used as a vehicle for depravity and perversion.

Like I said (and to repeat if my meaning was NOT crytsal clear). If you own the game and its expansion components, legally, then I apologise for suggesting that you do not. However your attempts to play the game in an unconventional, child-abusing manner, are not commendable and I am not apologetic for saying so.

4. Marykay123

Marykay123 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Love living in the US and playing the Sims, new to me not much experience but am learning. What makes us unique is the opportunitiy to "play our Sims the way we as individuals enjoy it our way" your opinion is certainly your opinion and expressed in your personal view point, as I expressed my own. Thanks for the information on how to set this file up and will give it a try. Respecting others is an opportunity that we as Americans find quite enjoyable but can often result in rambling on as if to instill ideas and opinions on to others so I will not do that and will keep my opinions to myself as respect to you...

<editor comment> Mary it is usual to add a comment to a quote. I deleted your post that follows this one and appended it to the quote above<end editor comment>

5. Marykay123

Marykay123 New Member

Still Love My Hacks!!!

:cool:

I love playing the Sims2 and its expansion packs.. Posted before but received rambling responses. Is there a serious "intellect" on the forum who also likes to use Hacks? Looking for more "intelligible" responses. I love my children and would like to see them grow up and be happy responsible adults and I am sure there are others out there who wish the same..

:)

Mary

6. surprised_by_witches

OK, first, thanks a lot for insulting me. See if I answer any of your posts again. Serious intellect? Way to get people to like you, lady.

Secondly, stop posting a new thread for every new thought! Just add to the same thread.
    :mad:

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Mary I don't know why you needed to make another thread.

I gave you ant intelligent and "intelligible" response in the thread with which I am merging this one.

I am a moderator here and you are pissing me off. You unintelligible reply to my criticism is of no help to me (or anyone else) because your comments imply that you could take offence but choose not to for the sake of peace (or just maybe because you are not up to a row.

I am possibly the most ardent advocate of game hacks and cheats and I have a huge number of them in my game. I have no idea what the "mailbox" cheat is and (knowing that you only want it to stop the social worker calling) I wouldn't help you with it even if I knew where to find it.

The social worker in The Sims 2 only removes children that are not fed or are failing at school. Since sim children who go to school moderately hungry get filled up at school (and come home with a green hunger bar) and just attending school in average mood is sufficient to keep them from losing grades, it is more or less impossible to get the social worker to take a child away anyway.

Wossup widya? Are you some kinda muppet?

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL, SBW ... we overlapped ... and here's me struggling to meet the Short Story competiton deadline.

Mary is a bozo ... shall I send her to MATY for hacks advice or would that be cruel and unusual punishment (on Pescado because Mary would surely complain about about $39.95 monthly subscription :p )

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Wow, insulting two moderators with one shot. Never saw that done before. ;)

10. Marykay123

Marykay123 New Member

Hi there.. now we are getting somewhere. A quick reply to "I don't know what the mailbox hack is" would have sufficient. A rambling response was not what I was looking for.. You have your opinion and I have mine.. A responsible response would have been as I have listed above and Iwill not ramble and waste your time or mine.. Mary

11. Marykay123

Marykay123 New Member

Thanks for the response...

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You're the one who's wasting time, honey. My rambles are done in my own time for my own amusement. I'm being rude to you because your stupidy exceeds the normal levels. This began the moment you elected to introduce yourself as a parent ... like that information bears any relevance to your need to raise sets of virtual twins, triplets and quadruplets in utter squalor without fear of the virtual disgrace of having the children removed from your care.

As long as you continue to post, you waste your time because I enjoy composing new ways of insulting the stupid and charismatically deficient. The only reason I didn't ban you was because I knew you'd be unable to resist adding a further comment ... and boy did I chuckle at your vomittarium bit of arse-licking in distancing yourself from Surprised By Witches' ire.

"Thanks for the response" is not a response ... no more than "thanks, but no thanks" is an adequate or meaningful response to a considered, legible and grammatically composed answer to your question.

We don't help thieves here

Is that clear enough?

If you bought the game on discs from a store then say so and I will bend over backwards to help you (by private message if I consider it more appropriate). Until then I consider it much more likely that you are playing an illegally downloaded, hacked version of the game ... which makes you a criminal under US law as well as under all other countries' laws where law is respected.

Now put up or shut up and leave me be to judge for myself how I spend my time. If I want to "waste" it, by your standards then that is my affair and mine alone. Your law breaking on the other hand is my business. Don't forget that if you are breaking the law you can be identified and brought to court to account for your theft and to pay for your crime.

13. Marykay123

Marykay123 New Member

The "how do I forum" seems to be a place of answer and question?? If I am in the wrong forum please advise. I posted an answer to a question and a sufficient answer would have been "I don't know about the mailbox hack" would have been very a sufficient answer.. Time to move on...

Mary

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah, but I do know about the mailbox hack and you are still ignorant.

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah, but I do know about the mailbox hack and you are still ignorant.

16. surprised_by_witches

Please do.

17. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Mary, you still haven't answered whether you actually bought the game legally and are playing with legal discs or downloaded it illegally.
    So I don't think you're going to get anywhere until you answer that.

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I don't think we'll see Mary again. :rolleyes:

Just as an aside, by way of explanation. I tried hard to be polite to her, but it was difficult because she had blown in with the "my children" excuse and that made me suspicious. The issue of mistreating sim kids was a smokescreen, for me. A good one, because I was able to take the moral high ground while waiting for her answer to the serious question of ownership.

The mailbox hack is an ancient hack that accesses the mailbox menu options of debug mode (boolProp). As far as I know it does not stop social workers attending. I've tried to get rid of social workers when I have accidentally dropped a child into the seizure danger zone (again using debug mode). It is very difficult to abort a social worker visit and the consequences are dire in the form of dangling memories and all sorts of other Maxian malarkey. MATY has a social worker hack but that is not aimed at helping players to keep children in spite of failing to care for them ... it is simply a fix for some piece of Maxian code mangling.

As far as I am concerned players who want to torture (even virtual) children are beneath contempt. Any hack designed to prevent the social workers from performing their Maxis-ordained duty is merely a license to mistreat sim children.

Mary claimed that she was entitled to her opinion. Wrong. No-one is entitled to an opinion. An opinion has to be backed by reason before one can claim it. I claim my opinion because I dare to argue my reasons. Mary is just an ignorant muppet, who has no raison d'etre for her play style, let alone for her need for a cheat/hack to make her play style tenable. As long as I am a moderator here, I will not tolerate such rank stupidity.

'nuff sed. :(

19. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

I love these quotes Mirelly!
    You probably weren't meaning for this to be funny, but I thought it was hilarious and will keep it in mind for future use. It could come in handy. ;)

Very true. You could have the opinion that "The moon is neon green all of the time". You have no facts or reason to back that opinion...

I, too, think that it's dirt that people would want to keep the Social Worker from coming if they aren't taking care of their children. Even if it IS virtual, it's still irresponsible. Especially 16 children.

Sort of like (real life) the lady, er, excuse me, WOMAN who had her 7th child recently and is only 20? It's her 3rd set of twins, I know that there are different dads for at least two of them, and neither the mom nor the dad have jobs, and she is counting on having more. She's living off welfare. Get a job/quit having kids! I'm pretty sure she lives in Texas and I read it online. It's just silly. IMO at least.

20. zetsumei

zetsumei New Member

It seems to me that someone who has 16 children in a game and wants a hack to prevent the social worker from coming is doing something wrong. They probably don't want the social worker coming to take their children. I know it's been said in this thread but I'm just saying. Now, if the children were being cared for and they just wanted to stop the social worker from coming because they were afraid of them from taking the children just because they have to many, is somewhat wrong. Also, I've never heard of a social worker taking Sim children from parents because they had to many, they only got taken if they were mistreated.

Also, who would want to use hacks in a simulation game anyway? I mean, the game is supposed to let you live your desires that you wouldn't normally be able to live in real life, so if you have to use hacks to live your real life fanasties, then there's something wrong with the picture. I'll stop as I need to get to sleep for class (3am here, class at 10am).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.