SimCity 4 Strategy Guide

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by PhilipTarbuck, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lew. The sims only speak simmish in that game.
    Philip. I still don't have a credit card and can't order anything from amazone.com or any other online store from overseas. So unless the swedish stores doesn't have it - I can't get it at all. :(

2. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

You used to be able to send cheques, once? Probably you still can. Maybe you could have the American version? It may be that you would prefer a Swedish version. I know I prefer a U.K. version to a U.S.A. version because it suits the way I speak rather better - and no doubt an American would say the same thing.

3. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Nina: My disc does have a Swedish (and a Norwegian) version on the disc. I seem to remember you asking, so I checked. I have never looked at it.

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Philip. As I thought. Thanks for checking.

Cheques. A real good suggestion, thanks, but cheques requires bankaccounts and cheques are almost extinct today here. I don't use a regular bankaccount anyway they charge way to much for bad services anyway. Believe me. I have a special account in the swedish postbank (interest the same), which allows me to take ut and put in money for free plus I can do all my other economical stuff over either the phone or internet or special drafts and a postagefree envelope for a very low sum each year. A regular bankaccount would cost me that much more and it isn't worth it today. A cheque account is even more expensive I think and I don't think they are valid overseas either. They just have way too many restrictions on money here. They are paranoid about money skipping the country and that hits the "little guy" and not those that have the big money. :(

I'm actually thinking about, when that day comes send someone overseas the money needed and let them get and post the guide for me. Dunno how yet to avoid HUGE sum's as transfer fees but I think it could be a solution. There's a risk by sending money in a regular mail, but it's way cheaper. Well somehow I'll solve it when it's time. ;)

Unfortunately I don't know when my cousins boat are going to foreign countries or which countries, but he might be bale to get it for me.

Also I doubt I can use the US version of any game because of the keyboard layout. I think the european version of the game has files to match that and I guess it's different for each country. But I can play the english versions though. I've never tried any other language since I don't know them fully :D

*MUST get money for her comp somehow.* :D

5. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

The difficulty is knowing who to trust to send the money to them in the hope that you will get what you are asking for. I understand (maybe I am wrong!) that you can put money into someone elses account simply by doing so no matter which country you happen to be in.
    I find it hard to understand why there are no game shops in Sweden. Perhaps Swedish people are interested in real things and not the fantasy toys gamers play with all day.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

There are gameshops here. I have one pretty close, but i've never seen or heard about any strategy guides there or in any other store selling PC Games like the bigger warehouses. I haven't had a chance to go there yet, hope to get away soon and I will ask them about these guides. There are special toystores and evertything here as well and Sweden is one of the top countries in the world when it comes to PC's per capita, so to get games isn't a problem. The problem is that not all games comes here. Why? Probably stranded negotiations and/or that some games aren't available in swedish which isn't so surprisingly after all. There are fairly good and popular PC Games made by swedes as well. If they are available outside Sweden I have no idea.
    Anyway. When the day comes I will solve it - somehow. And actually there is a few persons I know online I would risk send money to. Who they are - it's my little secret. ;) ;) :classic:
    I think they would be available if they were translated into swedish. For now I don't think we will come much further with this topic. Thanks all for your suggestions and advices. You've been most patient and I appreciate it very much. :classic:

*Gives everyone a big hug*

7. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Get thru amazon?

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Still. No credit card. Otherwise I would for sure. I bet that would be cheaper. :classic:

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Update on strategy guides for Sweden.

1) I've checked with most of the very biggest retailers and stores here in Stockholm. After all it's the capitol city and if you don't find it here, the chance to find it in any other part of the country is VERY slim. None has it and answers I got is:

- No we don't have it and we will probably not get it either.
    - No we only keep guides for PS2.
    - No but try this link for tips and hints: ......
    - Buy it online.
    - It's not in swedish so we don't take those in.

*Sighes* Seems I have to get the dollars and send it by snailmail to someone somewhere else and get it that way.

10. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Is that a hint Nina?
    but I think its cheaper to go thru amazon and pay them by moneyorder or (a credit card which i guess u dont have)

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

They don't send overseas so you can pay at your postoffice, upon arrival, at home and transfers is way to expensive. but I think it's solved already. ;)