SimCity 4 Strike at the Clinic

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by PhilipTarbuck, Feb 6, 2003.

1. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Strike at the Clinic

Why have I got a strike at the Clinic? There is only 51 patients and 2 doctors and I have restored the funding to full. Still the people walk up and down all over the place (including the railway track) carrying their placards. The whole town is sticking a bit. Not much demand for industrial space. Just the usual demand for houses - quite good, but not quite good enough.

2. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

According to the guide, they will end the strike after funding is restored to full, so it may just be a matter of time for them to pack up the signs and go back to work. :classic:

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Time to set the speed to cheetah :p

4. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I got fed up with them so I built a hospital and blew the clinic up. There was an immediate reaction. Someone (I can't remember who) said it was there one moment and the next moment it was gone. They couldn't understand how it happened. It didn't get rid of the strikers immediately but eventually they could be seen making their way home.
    Perhaps I didn't have quite sufficient patience (patients?) with them. I didn't like to blow up the clinic because we get the very best service out of our local clinic and, being national health service and I an o.a.p., I don't pay a penny for it. And we are going to have digital hearing aids quite soon (well, when the nhs can run to them, which won't be too long). When I can afford a digital hearing aid I will be able to stop being a hermit - I will actually be able to hear people. And all because of Sim City.

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I hope that will be very soon Philip. :classic:

Interesting about that strike. Seems you have to be careful about how low you set the fundings as well.

6. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

normally take 3 months for a strike to end

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yikes!!! That sounds like almost too long time.

8. lewdini

not really...play at second fastest speed its reasonably short

9. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I usually play at the mid-speed, i.e. the second fastest. I feel sure that the strike took a very long time, or perhaps they forgot that they were on strike. After all, what is the difference from working? If it was winter then it would be colder.

10. lewdini

I wish there was seasons and weather in SC4