How Do I Stuck at Houselhold menu..HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by shelbo38, Oct 25, 2009.

1. shelbo38

shelbo38 New Member

Stuck at Houselhold menu..HELP!!!

I have a windows XP and I have jus installed The Sims 2 Freetime. Since I installed it, my computer has been really slow. I will click on the launcher, and it takes a long time for it to pop up. When it finally does, it takes a long time for it to go into the loading of the game. I will then click on my town and it will be fine. But once I click on a household, it sdoes the whole loading thing likes its done, but the hourglass just keeps going and NEVER stops. I left it going when I left to go into town (I live 20 min. out of town, mind u) and when I got back, It was still at the loading page!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

It probably because you've installed too many expansions/stuff packs and custom content to your game and your system can't handle all the added extra.
    If you could post your dxdiag it would help diagnose your problem.
    Click the start button and right above it you will see the "run" option.
    click it and type in dxdiag and click ok.
    Look at the bottom and you will see a green bar fill up and when it's done click save all information .
    Save it to your desktop and then either copy and paste the contents of the text file into your next post or what we'd prefer is you attach the text file to your reply (click post reply and not the quick reply button) and under "manage your attachments" uplaod it along with your reply.
    Is this a laptop or desktop pc ?

3. shelbo38

shelbo38 New Member

Stuck at Household menu.. i thnk ive got the right stuff u wanted...

It is a windows PC..its only at a max of 10 yrs. old..... i think i did this right...thank you so much for helping me...I'm like on a withdrawl from The Sims 2!!!!
    The reason I was confused was because once it started doing this, I uninstalled the largest expansion pack and a few smaller ones that were taking up a lot of room...it still did it so that is why i put a post up

Attached Files:

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

What I see right off the bat are these things .
    1. You only have 512 MB of ram when you should have at least 1GB.
    Especially when you start adding stuff packs and/or expansions.
    Two you're stuck with a crappy Intel graphics chip which is about worthless for gaming.
    Once you start dabbling with the expansions after Open For Business the toll these games really start putting on the video chipset increases especially in the use of shaders of which I'm not sure what the Intel chipsets supports.
    What expansions and stuff packs did you have installed?
    So basically what you've done is overloaded the chipset to the point where it just shuts down because it can't run all this graphic stuff.
    Your cpu speed is excellent and you may get by with adding more ram to the system but I wouldn't go over getting 2 GB's of ram as your old motherboard may not support that much.
    What you might try is going over to www.tigerdirect.com and look for their memory configurator .
    It will scan your computer and tell you what type, speed , how much you currently have and the max amount your motherboard will support.
    Then you can decide if it's feasible to upgrade your ram.
    Another thing with integrated chipsets like yours when you add more expansions/stuff packs into the mix then you need to have more ram to help the cpu cope with the added strain on the chipset.