Troubleshooting Stuck Bus And Car

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ChaosShade, Sep 25, 2005.

1. ChaosShade

ChaosShade New Member

Stuck Bus And Car

My sim child, Rosa Willows refuses to get off the schoolbus, so it's stuck on the street and won't move and she's not able to do anything. Her dad's car is also stuck...he's sitting in it honking at the bus to get out of the way. So two of my sims are stuck in their vehicles on the road in front of my house...

is there anything I can do to get them unstuck? :confused:

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Is there something blocking her way off the bus? Something on the sidewalk? I've never had the bus blocked by anything before but sims are easily blocked in their movement by all kinds of things.

3. ChaosShade

ChaosShade New Member

there doesn't appear to be anything blocking Rosa from getting off the bus unless the driveway would do it?

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Well, I'm puzzled, then. Maybe someone else has run into this problem and can figure it out. Meanwhile, if you didn't save the game at that point you could exit without saving (I know that can be EXTREMELY irritating if important things have happened--like the birth of twins--) and try again.

One thing I did because of conflicts with driveways, returning cars and school buses, was move the mailbox and trash can further away from the driveway. This can be done with the moveObjects [on/off] cheat. I've always been VERY cautious about this ('nervous Nelly' type that I am.) Anyway, be sure to turn the cheat off when you're done. If you did save, and the bus is already locked in position at the driveway, moving the mailbox won't help this particular situation.

One final desperate measure, if no one else can help you, is to try moving the family out of their house and back in again. Man, I would hate to do this, since you lose all the furnishing, rewards and stuff. SEVERE pain involved :( .

I really hope it doesn't come to that. Meanwhile, keep checking the forum and good luck ChaosShade.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Here's a P.S.

If you have the Nightlife expansion you can have your sim family put things in their inventory before moving them out, if moving them is the only solution. I'd forgotten about the backpack (inventory) last night. I've tested it with only one item, so far, so I don't have any idea what exactly or how much inventory will hold.:rolleyes:

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I had the grocery delivery van and the pizza delivery car stuck in front of a house and the only way I could get rid of them was to do as Mirelly suggested and move the family out of the house. (Note: Don't call them both at once. Call one, wait a second, then call the other! I confused the game, I think. The family was really hungry ...)

One word of caution: if you have a child who is not doing well in school and move them out they end up missing school. The social worker may take them. However, if they're stuck and can't go to school anyway, you may as well take a chance.

7. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I haven't encountered this exact problem but sometimes the mailbox and trashcan are in the way. I've started using the "moveobjects on" cheat and relocating these items. It doesn't seem to affect the portal like it did in TS1. I had a problem with newlyweds trying to get in the limo for their honeymoon.

If it's a corrupt portal, someone at mts2 has a fix for this now.

I remember someone discussing your problem at "moreawesomethanyou". I think they deleted the school bus.

Found it!
    http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=
    2452b1232ff8eb41a42543602ff29de4&topic=91.0

8. ChaosShade

ChaosShade New Member

I ended up coming across the solution on mts2 when I was reading about custom careers (which I didnt have) but stuck carpools including schoolbusses can be fixed by teleporting the sim stuck inside the bus with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift clicking on the mailbox.

so I teleported poor Rosa out of the schoolbus and she ran straight to the bathroom....the bus left and dad could get into the garage :D

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Great! :D Just be real sure to reverse the cheat by typing boolprop testingcheatsenabled false. Problems may otherwise occur.