How Do I Stuck Sim

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by annehrpr, May 3, 2006.

1. annehrpr

annehrpr New Member

Stuck Sim

There is a Sim stuck in my house. She can't seem to leave allthough no one else has a problem. She just wanders around complaining that she cant get out. I tried to move everything that could possibly be in her way but now she fell asleep standing up and will not wake up and move. All my other sims are complaining because she smells. Is there a way to get rid of her without having to delete her? (she is my husbands Sim. I don't want to delete all his work).

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Does she live in another house, normally? If so, using moveobjects on shouldn't delete her permanently.

But you might want to back up your game first to be safe.

You could also just move the family to a new house. That's what I did when this happened to me.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Use the moveobjects on and delete the stuck sim. This will not erase the sim from the game or cause any long term problems. If the sim belongs to the house, save and exit after deleting and reload the game, the deleted sim will have been "re-instanced" and standing beside the mailbox (probably wondering how did I get here ... :rolleyes: ) If the sim belongs to another house then he will be found exactly as expected the next time that house is loaded.

Deleting stuck sims is mostly safe (I say mostly because there are a few occasions when some extra work is needed to make the sim reappear. Also there is always the possibility that a sim has gotten stuck in the process of dying. You need to be aware that the reinstanced sim may need urgent intervention to save them from the reaper the moment they become controllable again).