Stuff About The Sims 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by missashtastic, Sep 18, 2003.

?

Are You Ready For Sims 2

1. YES!!!

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. missashtastic

missashtastic New Member

Stuff About The Sims 2

Here is some info but it might not be true but i think it is.

Rather than being locked into four distinct camera angles, you can now rotate the camera smoothly around each scene. (Hitting Zoom puts you in a lulling focus shot, rather than a jarring jump cut into your Sim's face.

Within the context of raising an entire family, the team added the Life score, a new mechanism driven not only by money, but also by how well your Sim is living life and in what kind of environment, both physical and emotional.

You are now able to do more than one thing at a time, for example, if you're already watching television on your couch, you just select the fridge to get your snack. The game automatically know to get you up, retreive your popcorn, and then sit yourself back down, munching on popcorn while watching your favorite show

The Sims are also eerily aware of their surroundings, for example, Sims grow particularly attached to their possessions and will notice if something in the house is borken or missing. In the case of something being missing, they acutally think about it and yearn for it to be back.

You can now change the color and texture of furniture, but not the shape.

There is more detail in objects... When your Sim works out on a weight machine, for example, you can see how many weights are actually being used (and you'll watch as he adds more).

Recliners will now kick back, and cheap beds will break from the wear and tear of too much "play."

Not every object from the expansions will be included, but a select few from each were chosen

The neighborhood will be like The Sims: Unleashed, with 50 lots total.

You can now build multiple story homes, with basements, and place doors and windows on diagonal walls (we are not sure as to how high or low, for that information has yet to be released). You can also build on mountains.

There are weekends now. While there are no specific dates, time is referred to by the weekly calendar, i.e., "Your kid's birthday is next Monday."

Time passes for your currently selected family only; other Sims in the world are frozen in time.

There are three new motives: Thrist, Mind, and Family. (Family is a different type of Social; the old Social is now called Friends.)

NPCs (such as the maid, the pizza delieverer, etc.) are now actual Sims who can join your family. There are NO pets.

Elders, upon retirement, recieve a pension and basically become free Sims who help out their family.

The Sims express love, anger, deceit, lust, despondence, and contentment with their faces.

The game will keep track of all the Sims and their children, making a vast family tree retrievable with the click of a mouse.

Now you will be able to create videos and take snap shots of your sims throughout their lives.

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

knew you could take snaps, hadn't heard about videos. what's your source? also a game produced family tree is something I don't recall seeing anything about. most everything else has been posted somewhere already.

3. missashtastic

missashtastic New Member

i saw it at the http://thesims2resource.com as some other site i gotta find the link to it ans TSR2 has a petition to sign to get sims 2 demos but they need 5000 signtures and u dont have to be a member to sign it so sign away

4. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

o um jus to tell you we dunt really like that website-they are copy cats they copies our contests fah the sims 2 thingy posty kinda

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm thinking that if Maxis didn't plan to make or release a demo there's no way a petition could change their minds... 5,000 people is not enough to create a whole program for that they didn't intend to make. :)

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Exactly.
    It's proven that online petitions never (or very rarely) work seeing as all 5,000 posts could all be written by Joe Blow. Just find the mailing address for Maxis and letter-bomb them. That may work better.

It would be kind of nice if they did release a demo for people to check out, before they actually spend their money on it. But I doubt it, they haven't done it with any other game of theirs that I know of.

7. Colonel Froggie

Colonel Froggie Lord of the Frogs

Sounds nice. Can't wait.

*wipes drool off keyboard*

8. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

I got a question.I ts1 I remember something really annoying,when 2 sims and walking and bumb into eachother it can take like 1 whole game hour for them to get out of the way.Does this stupid stuff still happoned or does the new AI fix it?

9. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

That's also another reason why The Sims turned me off. It's just ridiculous..

10. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

That's one think that ticked me off. I'd have to get to my high paying job before they fired me and my stupid kid stands in front of the door complaining about sleep. I get fired, my family loses all of it's money, the plasma TV has to be pawned, the pets run away and the house burns to the ground. Dang all of those flamable objects.

Weither or not TS2 has the moron Sims is yet to be found out. I sincerely hope that they fix that error.

11. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

or if som1 stands in there way,the person should be armed with a shotgun to blow him away :D

12. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

I tried to get to the website that u listed but whenever i clicked on the url it brought me to the site and wouldn't let me access the screens or the petition can u help me??