Stupid Gardener Stories

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Oct 15, 2007.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Stupid Gardener Stories

So, we have a stupid nanny thread and I thought gardeners should get their due as well. My latest complaint is I have a house that came with nice gardens in which each bed is surrounded by a low fence, of the step-over variety. Well, the gardener can't navigate them. She stood there Nerooing all afternoon until I'd had enough and just deleted the darned fences. So now my garden doesn't look as nice but at least the bushes are trimmed.

My other favorite is if you have a wall that takes up only half a square (that is, a diagonal) the gardener can get stuck there. I've been forced to add bushes around all such corners.

Stupid gardeners.

2. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

In my Water World home, with swimming pools and channels set up as the most direct way to most rooms and parts of the lot, the gardener swims around to do her work. (They don't have to swim; there are walkways to most places, but not in a straight line; sims prefer straight lines even if it means getting wet.) It's the good-looking young woman, so my gardener there is weeding in her bikini, even in the chilly fall and spring.

3. surprised_by_witches

Yeah, Baby! :D (Insert Austin Powers accent here.)

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Grr. I hate those border edgings. I noticed recently that sims cross them quite happily as if they aren't there if they are just placed ad hoc. Straight-line navigation makes sims ignore them. I also hate the border edges can be placed diagonally, but that the traingular flower plots won't place against them (except with moveobjects cheat and then the gardener will be unlikely to access them to poor water on them ... I mean, come on!)

Jiko ... yeah baby ... your gender (or orientation) is showing, dear ;)

5. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

:D :confused::eek::knockedout:

6. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I hate the way that gardeners only manage to do half of the garden and leave the rest for the weeds to get. I mean seriously, how hard would it be to just fix up the whole garden? They wouldn't have all those weeds in the back garden to worry about if they had done them in the first place! Honestly... :rolleyes:

7. surprised_by_witches

I know. I had a lot that had so many weeds I couldn't remodel. I had the entire family up half the night gardening just so I could put in a deck. :p

Some help that gardener was.

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

LOL, yeah, I fired mine and deleted all the weeds myself as well as replacing the hedges and bushes.

Like Rafael says in my story "lazy good for nothings!" ;)