How Do I Suggestions on private school?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by thisisfudd, Apr 6, 2005.

1. thisisfudd

thisisfudd New Member

Suggestions on private school?

I am trying to get my child sim and his soon-to-be child brother into private school (well not until the other one's a child, but that's tomorrow!). One of my sim parents wants this as an aspiration, otherwise I must say that I might rather keep them in public school, although there are no tax issues and no real social strife to speak of in this game, so I guess my ethics don't need to dictate this matter. My question is, the last two times I have invited the headmaster, he never showed. At all. He didn't even pull up and drive away, which I heard can happen. The second time the two parents and the child were outside sitting on a bench in suits. The child is an A+ student (obviously). The first time the headmaster came I had no idea what I was doing. So after about two hours of my sims chasing him around the house (I didn't know about the Entertain option) he just disappeared. I'm pretty sure I have another chance though, right?

2. Leticron

Leticron New Member

The Headmaster is the buggiest part of code, Maxis delivered (they even claim you'd have to re-install the game, should you accidentally delete him)
    So it's "normal" that he would't show up every time he's invited
    just keep inviting him until you have the desired results

-le

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

It takes a few days in "Sims" time for the headmaster to give your family another try. Also, both children must be school-aged for both to qualify for private school. If you get in with one child, you must re-invite him when after the toddler transitions.

4. gamer8692

gamer8692 got2luvsims

i don't know, but does anyone know how to make you teens go to school? mine refuses to but she is going to be a loser!!! please help!!

5. i_like_cookies

i_like_cookies New Member

When inviting the headmaster over, make sure each of your children have A+ report cards, or else he'll say "this family isn't worthy of such a fine institution" or something like that. I like to get a charismatic, outgoing person to greet and schmooze with him, preferably one who is high up on the career ladder, so they can schmooze about career. Plus, when giving the tour of the house, make sure the rooms shown are desirable, and that there's no flies, plates, bills, etc. You can basically cook any meal for dinner, even mac and cheese, just make sure the chef has some cooking points so they don't burn the meal! After I get over 90 points, I just let the headmaster off on his own devices;). Unfortunately, if you end up with a good relationship with the headmaster, and don't have any patches or expansion packs, he considers you a friend and will phone you constantly:mad:.

When I invited the headmaster over to the Cox family, I just schmoozed a bit, gave a short tour, which earned me 22 points. But when I served spaghetti, the score was 94!!:eek: He said he was impressed and that the kids got into private school!:cool: The headmaster was over for less than 2 hours!! The sim that cooked the meal had 10 cooking skill points, so the more, the merrier.

6. idigvolleyball5

idigvolleyball5 Rubber Duckie Of Doom

private school advice

All of my sims that go to school go to private school. The tour will usually end after 5 or 6 rooms, so pick 5 or 6 rooms and fill them with high ranking environment objects before he comes. You can delete them after he leaves. I had my sim with the most charisma points schmooze with headmaster, but carrear has nothing to do with it ( both my sims are unemployed ) I wanted to be on the safe side, so I hav e my sims with maxed out cooking skill make lobster for dinner. so you dont have to try multiple times to get admitted into private school (and to prevent the fear of ______ being rejected from private school) I save my game right before I call the headmaster, so I can try as many times as I want! Funny story about a headmaster, I got one of theose asperation rewards ( the one that sucks asperation points from other sims ) and invited the headmaster over for a visit! After my sim sucked all hope out of him (turns out he had family dreams) he sat on the floor of my kitched and went crazy for a while. He then pretended a flour sack was a baby and treated it so! My sims were all too weired out be him to ask him to leave, so he stayed at my house with his flour sack for days unill i found out a way to make him leave!:D