How Do I Tear down walls

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sprite, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sprite

sprite New Member

Tear down walls

Hello all, I was wondering on how do I tear down walls? I want to expand my house so I added rooms on the sides. However, I don't know how to replace the original brickwall with windows, which are now in the inside of the house and look really weird. How can I replace this wall with just regular wall with wall paper and get rid of the windows? Thanx

2. HisBeachgirl

HisBeachgirl New Member

Well, to do any 'construction' you need to go into build mode. Then use the hand tool to move your windows to where you want them. If you like that wall where it's at, just use the paint brush and put up wallpaper/paint of your choice. If you'd like to get rid of the wall, go to the same place you'd go to put one up. Just this time, hold the Ctrl button down and drag your mouse. This does the opposite of putting walls up, it tears them down.
    Hope this helped. :)

3. sprite

sprite New Member

thanx a lot appreciate it:D

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The only things I'd add to what Beachgirl said is to use the ctrl key (while in the wall section) to remove the "wallpaper" from the inside and outside of the wall you want to remove. That will help save you simoleans.

Also, make sure to remove anything from the wall you want to remove like windows, paintings or wall lights because it won't let you remove any section of wall that has an "object" on it. (You get back the original cost of the wallcovering, but the wall section removal doesn't get you as much as you paid for it to begin with.)

You may want to experiment first. The tutorial that comes with the game (on the neighborhood screen) lets you get some experience with playing with the build tools before you do it on your house.

Or you can experiment by building a house on an empty lot and then tearing it down.

Also, get familiar with the buttons that let you undo or redo things. They are very helpful when you are building or remodeling because it lets you get back the wall money you spent without the discount if you make an error. (Once you've gone into live mode or saved, you can't undo or redo things, however.)