teen ran away!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cheeseygrin, Feb 28, 2005.

1. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

teen ran away!

okay - i wanted a townie teen to move in with one of my families, so i used the boolprop testingcheatsenable true thing, as well as that plant which teleports people to lots (this technique was suggested somewhere in this forum a while back). so i did that and it all worked fine and she was now part of the family, then after about 5 sim minutes she says "ive had enough of you guys, im leaving!" and runs away and the little runaway symbol appeared on her icon. i realised she ran away because she hadnt actually ever met these people that i moved her in with (my bad) and they run away if their relationships with the rest of the family are bad. so i had the mom call and report her missing - but that was atleast 6 or 7 sims days ago and she hasnt come back! i am wondering if there is anything that can be done to bring her back or do i just wait? her icon is still there with the rest of the family so its not like she has moved out. any help appreciated...

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

She should come back home before she becomes an adult. I don't know of anything you can do to get her back sooner though:confused:

3. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

:eek: I...I never knew that could happen. whoa...wow.:eek:

4. alisonk98

alisonk98 New Member

wow I didn't no that could happen eather but thats pretty cool :eek:

5. jlChicka

jlChicka New Member

Ok... this exact thing happened to me. I waited a long time for my sim to return but she never did. When the adult sim had her baby the sim that ran away automatically returned to see the baby. Hope this helps you. Good Luck!

6. zootyfreak

zootyfreak Git r done

I didn't know that could happend...it happend in the sims 1 when my family divorced. I know she will need to come home. Try downloading the insimator or whatever it's called. Make someone pregnant so she can come home(then delete the baby if u dont like it) then make her have mutual love over everyone. Then tada! She will stay. I hope that helped

7. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

thanks for the tips - what i ended up doing was moving the whole family to a different house, when they moved in she was there! and also she had an improved relationship score towards the rest of the family - i guess the game automatically does that some how.

8. Daizee

Daizee New Member

Glad you got your teen back:)

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Reminds me ... :rolleyes: when I was a teen my Dad kept threatening to wrap my lunch-time sandwiches in a road map.

But then he also insisted that I was secretly plotting plotting to kill him and my mom so that I could go to the annual orphans' picnic. ;)

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LOL Sounds like my Dad, Mirelly. Did you dad offer to pay for you wedding, which would consist of a ladder and an all-nigh buffet? ;)

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL, Kristal ... no, but he would of if he'd thought of it. :D

(Note to grammar martinets ... If Steinbeck can use "would of" so can I :p )

12. sam13

sam13 New Member

wow wow wow!!!!!

i had no idea that could happen either....that is so weird....:shocked:
    how did it happen and are you sure????

13. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

It happens when a teen does not have a strong emotional tie with anyone in the household. I've had one who had it as a fear, but never had one that actually did it. This sim was moved into a house where he or she did not have any emotional ties by using the boolprop cheat.

14. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

yeah it was some bad planning on my behalf that made her run away because i moved her in without so little as a handshake with her new house mates. it was a cool experience though and i bet you could experiment with teens running away by just making them have lots of fights with there roomies. ive also had one of the pleasant twins (came with the game) run away when the parents got divorced, but that time the mother reported her missing and the police found her and brought her home that same night