How Do I teenager living by him/her self

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jill Valentine, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine New Member

teenager living by him/her self

Hello again :)

Hey is it possible to hack the game to make a teenager be able to live alone ? There are a lot of teens that live alone out there, so why not in the game ? In univertity this is possible, true, but I would like a teen living alone in a neighborhood, having a job instead of going to college, and developing his/her skills as a normal adult, and of course, with the possibility to use the "aging on/off", so you can extend the teen phase of his/her life, then, when the player wants, you can go to college, sure, and then back as an adult to the house previously owned by him/her.

I think lots of interesting stories could be made out of this, like, older brother/sister that has to raise alone his/her baby brother/sister, for example. Of course, during college time, there will be the need to have a place for the younger one to be, since the responsible for him/her will be unavailable for a while.
    Or the older one let go the dream of graduating to raise the young one, and that's a story too. :) hehe !!!

Anyways, it would be cool if the game got more realistic in this way. I think not all careers should be available for teens, but some. Or there should be specific career for teens, like being a McDonald's employee, heheh :). But it sure would be cool to have teens living alone. So you could start a game with a new and younger character instead of a 30-40 years old Sim, that you don't know anything about his/her life before the start of the game. hehehe !!!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

In the make a family (CAS) create a male and female adults and a teen child from them and then delete the parents before saving the family. You'll be left with a lone teen with 20K to move into a home in your hood. :)

3. Jill Valentine

Thanks again Mirelly. I'll take this oportunity to ask a couple of questions in this same thread, if I may !

1- If, a player creates an entire Neighborhood, while playing with one family, the others (NPCs), do they age or not ? I never played TS2 as long as TS1, so I still have doubts about the game. And if you go to college as a teen, when you return home, you're already an adult, and I played through this, but never saw again my "college buddies" 'cause I didn't played long enough after graduation. So, when/if I had seen them, would they have aged too ? And what about the neighboors and family in the house (My teen didn't had any family) ?

2- Now, if you turn "aging off", and a Sim gets pregnant, will this pregnancy last forever if you don't turn on the aging process ? And after the child is born, if the aging is off, does he age from newborn to baby ? How long does it take for a newborn to become a baby ?

Thanks !!!

Did all the testing I could, by the way, about the neighborhoods... there's no other way but to use the testingcheats... :(
    I did discover the way, but I really can't seem to remember the directory that should be recopied to have just the houses done without anyone :(.

About the ghosts, well, if some of them keeps lurking the hood, I'll have to wait for SimPE then... but I'll have to ask for help from you again, Mirelly, 'cause I never download custom content for the TS games, so, I don't want to change the original files, just to delete the ghosts :). Do you think SimPE for seasons will take too long ?

Can't wait to finally have my hoods ready to play seasons. I bought it two weeks ago, and still didn't made my debut !!! :)
    But even so, I consider it my favourite EP ever, it's very clever and fun, indeed :) !!!

Wouldn't it be cool if StudioTown and MagicTown came into TS2 ? :) These two packs are the reason why I still have TS1 installed on my system too, and no matter how good TS2 is, I always seem to think that TS1 still has far more stock objects with it than TS2.

See ya !!!

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Or you could just make a family, and kill of the parents then your left with just the teen sim! lol
    ;)

5. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

LOL Once I did that. I put the parents in one spot, built a box around them, and basically they starved to death.
    I'm not that cruel in real life, honestly. I just didn't know any other way at the time :rolleyes:

6. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

I never even thought to try that. Thanks, for the second time today, Mirelly!! I've killed the parents off once before, but that just seemed too mean. I couldn't bring myself to do that again.

7. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

would you delete using the 'move objects on' cheat?

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

In CAS before you exit there with the family to put them into a house you can click on any of the family members you have made and edit them ... there is also a delete option. I often make a ma and pa, make a child from them, make the child into an adult. Delete both parents. Create a new pair of parents and make a second child from the new ones of the opposite gender to the first. Make the second child into an adult. Delete one of the "parents" and set the other to elder. Then make a child or two from the new adults. It's a chance to see if the genetics is OK to produce children that won't scare the ghosts away.

My cosmetology salon in Penn Vale has got a plastic surgery machine and every fugly townie who shows up there gets taken over by a Mysterious Force and they wind up in the cellar sticking their face into Dr Vu's Insidious Machine. Benjy Long looks almost human now :rolleyes:

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I useually put them in a pool, then take away the ladders so they cant get out, and eventualy they die lol i find it easyer and quicker.
    :tombstone:
    hehe now i am evil.

10. Vega

Vega New Member

lol i use to do that too lol

once i have killed an entire family in the pool to make a haunted house for my vampire :devil:

11. Leticron

Leticron New Member

he he he...evil streaks showing up here :D
    I used to have a cage in my backyard for all the ugly Townies who dared to annoy "my family", like the guy who thought it was funny to kick over my garbage can every morning... or ole Mortimer who couldn't resist stealing my garden gnomes or poking my daughter for using the telescope during daytime etc.
    But I didn't kill them all....usually I let them soil themselves and whatch my sims making fun of them...only if that didn't cure these guys...3strikes and you're out...so eventually they all were "cured/healed"
    One way or the other :D :D
    -le

12. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

I've never thought to check genetics like that, although it makes sense.
    It's true, sometimes children inherit (sp?) genes that just dont match up making them look a little... odd.
    One of my sims (allyn mellon- a descendant of Brandi Broke) had children with Malcolm landgraab- good lord, it was chin and pointy eyebrows agogo in that household!

13. Jill Valentine

It does not work

No, I tried that, it does not work. Perhaps you're not talking about the in-game create a family ?

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh. I was. I'll be playing later so I'll check for myself. (I've never tried making a lone teen before :rolleyes: so it was inevitable that my guesses were going to land me in the pond :p ) Looks like you need to make sim parent and move the parent out ("find own place") and then delete them parent from the sim bin (or just leave them there ... or even move them into another home in the hood ... your choice.)

15. Jill Valentine

What about the studio then ?

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Nope tried it. Create a Family insists you make at least one adult.

17. plyemzi

plyemzi New Member

i kill my sims sumtimes when they anoying me lol i get the sissors and they run about with them and stab themselfs lol or i starve them lol im mean

18. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Huh? There are scissors in the game and they kill themselves with it?
    I think I'm missing something here...:confused:

19. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i dont know if someone has already said this but you can just make the teen with a parent and then as soon as they move in have the parent 'find own place' its quicker easier and no killings are involved

20. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i think i am missing something to i didnt have a clue the sims could have scissors. i thought it was one of the many items in sim land that didnt need to be used.