That was WAY TOO CLOSE!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sacharissa, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

That was WAY TOO CLOSE!

Yep, I downloaded another house this weekend - one that was supposedly SAFE, but alas...after installing it, and then trying to load the game...POOF! The dreaded GBFBVPS (Great Big Fireball Visible from Space)!

GONE was the new Dunvegan Bay (the original having been wiped out in another GBFVFS), and more importantly, Gone was Briarwood, leaving Cheri in the clutches of the evil villian and Chandler lost in despair! :hissyfit:

THANKFULLY, I had just backed up my entire harddrive just that morning, so I replaced the corrupted Sims 2 Document folder with the back-up...WHEW! Everything back to normal, with NO loss of Sim life!:relieved:

Let this be a lesson...BACK UP your files, and back them up OFTEN!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oooh, nasty! Can you post a link to the culprit ... I'd like to look at it and poke it with sticks and maybe even stick out my tongue at it and go psssszzzzztttttplplplplplplpl at it :rolleyes: :p

3. Peati

Peati Mountain Biker Maniac

Lol Mirelly :p

I don't really have important things on my game... my story is still in the beginning stages, but I think later on I may start to back it up...

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Oh, man, that was close! For all of us! What would we do without our story fix?

I never download houses, for that very reason.

And I'm glad you backed up! Whew.

5. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oo, tough luck. *winces* But at least you backed it up. I'd hate to think of what would have happened if you hadn't!

I don't download houses. Partly because stuff like this might happen when you least expect it! :eek: But mostly because they nearly always get screwed up and don't show up in my game. :rolleyes:

6. Aurelia

Aurelia New Member

*feels alot lika a moron*
    what.... is.... The Great Big Fireball Visible from Space?
    *twich* *twich*

7. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

It is a term minted by that old curmudgeon, Pescado...Basically, the GBFVFS is when your game becomes corrupted for whatever reason, and it is unable to be played any longer, thus causing much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair because you have lost all of your little Sim lives :tombstone:...unless, of course, you have made a recent back-up (which THANKFULLY, I did this time!)