The Dagmar Diaries

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The Dagmar Diaries

I was thinking about this last night, after posting the pictures of Dagmar delivering mail, and then I saw that Shana had a similar thought. Why not?

This isn't really a story thread, and I thought anyone could contribute to Dagmar's diary since we all have her in our game. She visits all of our neighborhoods in her job of delivering mail, and she meets all kinds of people, and now animals, too. :D

I did decide that in my Pleasantville, she'd have a home, and so I moved her in with the Oldies (also in everyone's original game.) I am not going to change anyone's appearance or add makeup. The only difference is that I downloaded Helaene's default skintone and eyes into my game, so Dagmar, the Oldies, and everyone, look a little different from yours.

I intend to add to the diary as often as I can, but I'd really love to see what she's doing or who she meets in everyone's neighborhood. Her personality will probably develop as quite mercurial (changeable; volatile; fickle; flighty; erratic: a mercurial nature.) :p She is, at least in my neighborhoods where I've moved her into a household, a romance sim in all cases.

No limits. We're not going for a book award, after all. :D

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Diary,

It's Monday morning, a whole new day, and a whole new life. Glorious day! That's what my name, Dagmar, means in German, I think. I'll have to look it up some time.

I've rented a room from the Oldies in Pleasantview. Yes, that's their real name, Oldie. Coral is sweet. I'm not sure about Herb, yet. They're an elderly couple with not much money, so they decided to rent out a room. It's at the back of their house. You can't even see it from the road. And what I like is that it has its own door to the yard. Nice.

I spent the weekend moving in my stuff and fixing up the room. Better run. I don't want to be late reporting for duty at the post office.

D.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Diary,

My first day at the United Sims Post Office of Pleasantview. Sheldon, Pao and I chatted for a few minutes about old times. Old times are gone. Shakeups all around. Seems the powers-that-be are always throwing up new neighborhoods. Farmland becomes suburbs, suburbs become cities. The growth never ends. They (whoever they are) never give a thought to whos going to deliver the mail to all these far-flung towns. And whos going to pay to keep the posts clunky yellow cars in good repair, so we can get there? Do they think about that? Of course not!

While we were talking a woman walked by and Sheldon said she owned the place.

What place? I said.

This mall, even the Post Office.

I said, Hold it! No one owns the USPO. Its the government.

She owns the mall. The USPO rents the space from her. Her names Cassandra Goth. Her familys rich. Shes crazy. Dina saw her flirting with one of her employees, a cashier. Stupid guy.

Thats nothing to do with me, I said. So what routes did you get? I got some place the manager calls the Valley, but the zip is Briscoes Landing. No one calls it that, he says. Its just the Valley.

Pao got Ivensland, a neighborhood of dirt roads with big estates surrounded by stone walls. He told me that my valley had dirt roads, too, but at least some were paved, and had sidewalks. I was lucky for that. But he also said the people of the Valley are a little peculiar. Dont get involved, he advised. Me? Never! Well, almost never.

Sheldon got the High Desert neighborhood. Its hot, he said. Really hot.

More later. Coral fixed dinner and Im starved.

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Me again, Diary,

So Im not too good at keeping up with you. Doesnt matter. Ive got plans. Maybe I should list them here and set some goals for meeting them.

Plan Number One: I want a place of my own. Renting is convenient, sure, but some days I just dont feel like chitchat with Coral and Herb. Besides, Herb is giving me looks. I mean hes nice and all, but a little old for me. And besides that, I like Coral too much and she clearly adores the man. Anyway, Im staying for now because the rent here is cheap and Ive got to save as many simoleons as I can. I need at least 20K to buy my own place and Ive only got about 3K.

Plan Number Two: Start dating again. Lots of dates. Lots of lovers. Im not hurting anymore. No pain. Roger was a loser! Dont know what I saw in him. Anyhow, this is another reason for a place of my own. My room here isnt big enough to bring any guys home for a little fun.

Plan Number Three: NO BABIES!

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Back again, Diary,

OMG, what a day! That creep in the Valley threatened to file a complaint about me. He said I was late all the time in delivering the mail. I got really mad and told him that while he was at it he should demand that I get a decent car that wouldnt break down every day I raced way out here on dirt roads to get his stupid mail into his stupid mailbox with his stupid dog barking at me.

The creep looked surprised for a second, then suddenly burst out laughing and said I looked real pretty when I was mad. Then this other lady came out to see what the fuss was about and he shut up. She wasnt his wife. Just his sister-in-law, I think. Ive seen him with his wife in a picture in the newspaper. Actors! Self absorbed egotists. Hed finished chewing me out so they both went inside the house.

Then their housekeeper came out and winked at me and offered me a ride in his van. Ick! The man wears purple latex gloves, for petes sake. No thanks, I said.

I hate this Valley job.

But I need the money.

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, Di,

Quick note. I laughed out loud when I read in the Simtown Tattler that a burglar broke into the actors valley house. The burglar got away, too. I bet the creep told the policewoman that he was going to file a complaint against her. What has he got on the premises that would attract a burglar way out there to the middle of nowhere?

The burglar was a woman. Id like to shake her hand.

Hope nobody reads this. Id better find a good place to hide you, Diary.

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Diary,

Hiding you under the mattress is probably not clever. I know that Coral is too proper to go looking through my things, but I dont trust Herb. He tried to flirt with me today while she was out shopping. I left the house in a hurry and drove downtown. I didnt even bother to change my clothes.

Went to Rodneys place. I wanted something to eat but the guy seating people was all mixed up, didnt know what to do with everyone. Too many people all of a sudden showing up for dinner, and he short circuited. So I just played cards with a couple of guys until my stomach was rumbling so bad that I had to go find something to eat. I tried a nightclub down the road. CryptO something or other. I got a drink, scoped the room, and saw this fellow eating all by himself in the corner. I introduced myself. Just like that! Well, why not? Im done with being alone. So his nickname is Goopy. He refused to tell me his real name. He said it was even more stupid than his nickname, so I didnt push. He also told me he worked as a lab assistant. But WOW, Diary, we hit it off right away, talking and dancing until midnight!

We went out on a date the next night. That was tonight. It was OK, not really great, which surprised me a little, but maybe Im expecting too much too soon. Or maybe its because we went to the bowling alley and not to a real nice restaurant. It doesnt matter, though, because I definitely want to go out with him again.

Wish you could talk, Diary. I sure need someone to just hang out with. Goopys fun, but I still feel so lonely. I think Ill go telephone Sheldon and talk post office gossip.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, Di,

I ran into Pao Mellon this afternoon. He said he was sent to deliver mail to a remote house where some scientists were working. One of them came out to talk to him. Pao said that he was not like us. The guy had a metal face and hands but was nothing like those robots he usually runs into all the time on his Ivensland route. Those robots beep and chirp and have camera lenses for eyes. No, this guy was different. And he talked like we do. He told Pao that he was looking for someone, a friend. He heard she lived in the Valley. "Not my route," Pao told him.

"Her name," the metal man said, "is Andromeda Rose Seville. Ask around. Let me know. I'll make it worth your while." Then he went back in the building.

I asked Pao how the letters for that house were addressed. He said he was delivering mail there for someone named Arkin.

I said, "Can we give out info like that about the people on our routes?"

"Why not? Do you know anyone named Andromeda on your route, Dagmar?"

I thought about it for a minute and decided that she wasn't trying to hide from anyone, so far as I could tell. So where was the harm? "Sure. But she's married to a guy named O'Neill, so it's not Seville anymore."

"Great. Thanks, Dagmar. I'll let him know. Maybe he'll give me a tip big enough to buy you dinner."

And maybe I should mention to Ms. Andromeda O'Neill that a guy named Arkin was looking for her.

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Oh, my! I just got a chance to read this. You're building a mystery, aren't you. How very clever, using the mail carrier as a vehicle. What is Arkin doing back in town? Oh, I know, from a practical point of view you had to create him, but in the context of the story ...

Can't wait to find out what happens next!

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Actually, I started this thread thinking that anyone could use Dagmar and the other mail carriers to introduce characters and towns in their games, just to talk about them from the point of view of the mail carrier.

I would still welcome input like that. In the meantime, since everyone's so busy, I thought I'd deal with some leftover sims, like Arkin. Got to do something with all the extra actors that have accumulated in my game.

What a shock for Andromeda -- the reincarnated Arkin appearing on her doorstep. And what does he want? Hmmm.

p.s. Good morning and Happy New Year, SBW!

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've been trying to think of additions. Dagmar delivers the mail to my toddler challenge household. I'll see if I can get her to interact with the kids (they're children now ... )

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

what a great Idea! I usually ignore the mail carriers unless they bring bills. Except I have a house with let's have fun dad, and 3 hormonal teen boys. Dagmar was more than willing stay and talk. I didn't know she was a love sim too. I'll have to pay attention when she comes around again.

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

No matter which neighborhood she shows up in, she's a romance sim, so I assume that's true of everyone's game. She's not the primary mail carrier in every neighborhood, though. There are at least two others in my game--Sheldon and Pao. I don't know anything about their personalities. Yet...:)

I've been neglecting all of my sims completely for the last couple of days. 'Twas a busy couple of weeks over the holidays. However, things should be settling down, except for my new year's resolutions. :D

14. Yhowshua

Yhowshua New Member

GREAT JOB/Idea And What Sims Is This?

Can I Do What U Do(Diary) On Sims 2 For The PS2?

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Yhowshua, I'm afraid I don't know. I'm playing the PC version of the game which, I think, has more freedom of action, then some of the other versions. I've never played on the PS2, but I don't see why you can't do a diary, too.

16. Yhowshua

Yhowshua New Member

I can make a dairy but I dont know how to start and how did u make that house?

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

As for the diary, I just make up stories in my head to go along with what the sims are doing. Dagmar, the mail carrier, shows up in at least three of my neighborhoods. And with the PC game, it is possible to become good friends with an NPC and ask them to move in with you. I did that with Dagmar in one of my neighborhoods--Pleasantview.

But I don't know anything about the PS2 game. The house she moved into came with the PC game. So did the Oldies couple she moved in with.

I'm afraid that I really won't be able to answer questions about the PS2 game and what you can and can't do with it.

18. Yhowshua

Yhowshua New Member

Which neighborhood she shows up at?

And I can't even talk to the mailman on my sims.

Can you give me some ideas If I make a diary.

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Did you know that we have a separate discussion forum for PS2 players (and other consoles and handhelds)? Here: http://forums.worldsims.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I didn't know if you had noticed it. The PC version comes with 3 ready-made neighborhoods. One of them is Pleasantview.

As for diary ideas--I can barely figure out what do with mine. :eek: In fact, I should be playing the game and working on it right now.

20. Yhowshua

Yhowshua New Member

I knew but ppl rarely post I have a little diary of my own(yhowshua newbies life but noone is posting).

Here's Some/A Idea(s:( U Should Have The Mail-Woman(or Whoever U Like)And Make Them A Nice Meal Then Play Spin The Bottle,then Relax In The Pool(regular pool not love tub)then a few mins later relax in the love tub then woohoo with her have a baby then u take care some days and she take care of the baby some days.