SimCity 4 The End of SimCity?

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 17, 2006.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

2. Condraz23

Condraz23 New Member

Whoah, that looks alot like SimCity 4... I remember a similar game called LinCity which was basically just a ripped-off version of the original SimCity. I wonder what Maxis is going to do about this? Maybe I should get myself a copy anyway, just out of curiosity. It looks alright from the pictures. Anyway, it looks interesting but I don't think this would mark the end of SimCity. Once Will Wright's obsession with Spore discontinues, he's probably going to go back on working with SimCity 5 again in no time.

3. Inge_Jones

Inge_Jones New Member

Yesterday I downloaded the demo of that, and the thing I liked best of all was that beautiful water! Why oh why can't Sims2 have realistic water instead of that dead-looking chemical violet stuff? The Sims is about the only 3D game I have seen in years that has made no effort at all with the water.

The second good thing about City Life is the 1st person walkthrough mode. I was quite alarmed when walking through the streets to suddenly find myself in the middle of a fight!

Josh, will you be making a forum for it here?

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

If there is a US version and audience, I may consider adding a few.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I d'loaded the (French language) demo yesterday, installed it and the loading screen froze at 95% twice forcing a Windows reboot ... it took forever to uninstall as well. Not hugely impressed, frankly.

6. Inge_Jones

Inge_Jones New Member

I know some people were having problems with it, but it went smoothly for me and I was actually quite impressed. I suppose you can't be impressed if it didn't give you a chance to see it :D

I also downloaded the English language patch that someone made, so at least I could understand what was going on.

I got that from http://forum.deepsilver.com/ds.php