The Fashion Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hataz_gon_hate, Apr 29, 2003.

1. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

The Fashion Thread!!!

so, here i am in the fashion thread...not only for fashion but for anything...feel free to ask me about not only fashion but everything to keep fashion no-nos at bay...as well as some other stuff...:eek: :cool: :) :p

2. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

All my clothes come from QD, which is a very much discounted store in the U.K. Undervests costs 1.99 each. Sweaters less than 5, etc. etc. I don't think I'm in the fashion thread, am I?

3. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

i see that most people wont come here...maybe. but ill still try!

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hmmm what are the current fashion no-nos? I seem to never know those! :p

5. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

square and round shoes are out! for 2003 pointy shoes are in!

6. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Pointy shoes!!! What a horrible thought. My toes would suffer dreadfully. I only ever pay 10 for my very best shoes, which are suitable to taking dogs out and they don't have pointy toes.

7. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

but i have no idea whats in for men this year... i read cosmo and seventeen and other magazines but i dont read penthouse!

8. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well it looks like I won't be getting any more new shoes this year then! ;) :p I just got new tennis shoes and hopefully they'll last me the rest of the year! :D

9. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Even when I was young and "hip" I wasn't much into fashion...I'm a big fan of t-shirts, jeans and running shoes...Sorry Hataz! On the other hand, I do love stuff with bright colors...please say that bright colors are still in fashion!!

As to pointy shoes, if I gotta get some of those then I guess I will be saying hello to bunions and corns!! lol

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

...maybe you can just get a size larger shoe so the pointy part is past your toes anyway... ;)

11. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

the colors that are hot are earthy colors...like light colors...brown, green, blue and other natural colors...

12. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I take size 7, which is only just over the point at which v.a.t. doesn't apply here. My brother used to take size 6, which is just within that limit. Twinkle toes. But, then, he had a gold medal in ballroom dancing. I have only a bronze.

13. Billie

Billie New Member

I want to know when they will start making clothes designed for larger people based on reality not just enlarging the base pattern to fit.
    Why do they continually keep dropping the sizes down? If one measured out to be a size 6, then why don't they fit into all size 6s?

14. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

maybe because people are getting thinner...especially in africa and in some undernourished countries...

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heehee I wish they had actually CONSISTENT sizes between brand names!! Back when I was my normal weight I was trying on tons of jeans... I had all sorts of different brands and all sorts of sizes because I didn't know what size I was at ALL... (I'd been wearing home-made clothes....) I squeezed into a size FIVE on one brand... fit a size SEVEN well on three other brands, but imagine my astonishment when I couldn't even get my thigh all the way in the leg of a pair that were labeled size EIGHTEEN???!!! :eek:

I agree that sizing needs to take into account BODY SHAPE. The human body CHANGES shape as weight is put on... then it would be nice also if clothing would take into account the 3 main body TYPES instead of just one... "apple" shaped, with most of the weight around the hips, waist, and chest, but with smaller arms and legs, and "pear" shaped, with a generally smaller upper half of the body and larger hips and thighs and legs... they seem to only make it for the third body type, "hourglass" which goes in at the middle and is pretty well balanced between the hips and shoulder widths...

16. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

yea, i guess so...the hourglass shape is always on people's minds