The game has been released in Switzerland

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ruthie_Faye, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

The game has been released in Switzerland

Well at least that's what Snooty Sims is reporting. How could they get a legal copy even before the ship date?

Ruth

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Which game? Seasons?

3. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Yeah Seasons!

I'm not saying it's true or anything but they Snooty Sims says Switzerland always gets the game early and releases it. I don't understand how they can do that because I thought they would be fined.

RUth

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It's not unusual for some countries to release the game as soon as it arrives, rather than waiting for a specific date. It's usually only a few days different so it's not a big deal. However, some people try to make it seem like a major fiasco!

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The official date is when the game is *expected* to ship. Things can alter that date (both making it earlier or later.) If absolutely nothing goes wrong when it's shipped, then it can arrive early. If there are mail strikes or shipping slowdowns or customs is slow in processing things, then it can take longer. Whichever way it happens, it's something that fans seem to get all wrapped up in, which is rather silly to do. Poor Maxis often gets blamed if things are late even if it had to do with the country receiving it. And if it gets someplace early, the fans complain about unfairness that people get things earlier than others. It's best to just ignore it and appreciate that the game is released and we will get it when it's available.

6. soccer_girl

soccer_girl New Member

How come they get it before us? That's just plain unfair! I don't see how another country could get Seasons earlier. It's unlikely for another country to get a Sims game before us. :confused: :confused: :confused:

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

ummm....see the post directly above yours by KatAnubis...she explained it clear as day.