The Job Career questions...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Zman1764, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Zman1764

Zman1764 New Member

The Job Career questions...

How do you determine what is the right answer? Is there a list of the questions and answers on a website?

2. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

As far as I'm aware there is no way to figure out which is the right or wrong answer. I've had several occasions where two different sims were asked the same career question and in each case I gave the same answer both times...one time it was correct...one time it was incorrect.

Cass.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

There's a really ancient thread by JMP where he talks about the probabilities of each question answer being right or wrong, but I can tell you from experience that it's definitely random. Do a search for Pescado and maybe you'll find it.

I do find that if you choose guts over self-preservation you usually come out OK. But that's no guarantee. The answers change, you see ... and not all of the questions are so clear-cut. Sometimes it's the spork, sometimes it's the fax.

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Here is a link to JMP's site direct where he talks about the chance card possiblities...I'm a little confused by the chart...but he explains it decent enough. Hope it helps you.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

There's a few of them that there is no right answer. I get really frustrated. I worked hard for a day to get a sim's charisma up so she'd get a promotion, and then I got a chance card wrong and she lost 2 of the points! GRRRRR!

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Isn't that frustrating?

What's even worse is when you're about to be promoted; the card comes up, and you pick the wrong one (of course) and you get demoted. Argh. I've had that happen a couple of times and it always seems to be with the family that is the most financially strapped at the moment.

7. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

The only time I had fun with chance cards was when I was doing the asylum challenge with townies.

"Uh oh Goopy! You rolled choice two! YOU LOST YOUR JOB!" ;)

8. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Best advice is....don't make a choice and just ignore the questions. If the job or promotion is really important to you it might not be worth risking it.

Cass.

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The only time I risk anything except 'Ignore' is when I really, really want a picture of someone weeping because he's lost his job. :p

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Whereas I love the crazy rollercoaster so I always answer, and usually answer wrong. I was so thrilled when Ricardo finally answered one right! They went from 1,000 to 21,000 simoleans just like that and were able to parlay all that into a new house, no cheating needed.

Their old one was getting a bit crowded.

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This is Errol, on the other hand, way back before he met and married Kate...I don't remember the question, but he got it wrong. :eek: He was devastated. It took him a while to recover. He was always bursting into tears. Sheesh, Errol! Get a grip!

But once or twice, way back when, one of my sims would reap a BIG cash bonus when they got it right.