the newbies

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by xikilledthesheriffx, Jan 8, 2007.

1. xikilledthesheriffx

xikilledthesheriffx New Member

the newbies

where are they?
    they are what made the sims what it is today
    i think its quite upsetting that mortimer goth is still in the game and they are not
    has anyone made any skins for sims 2 and put them into their game?
    got any pictures if you have?
    i tryed making them but they never really looked right
    and im not quite sure what the house layout was i have such a bad memory aha

oh and i made a bella too
    and her and mortimer got back together and lived happily ever after until they died and cassandra inhereted the house and all the money
    but now she lives in a small box house because she spent all the money on her baby son (who got taken away from her)

just thought id let you all know what ive been doing with my game and my Goth family

anyone got any stories about what they did with theirs?

x
    (y)

2. Yhowshua

Yhowshua New Member

I'm A Rich Boy(Wearing A Lucky Charm Hoodie-Black Denim Shorts-Green )Converse* Who Has A Hard Life

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I believe that if you look up the family tree of Brandi Broke, you will find that Bob and Betty were her parents, sadly now deceased.

If you REALLY want them back in the game, you could have one of Brandi's children go off to university, move back home, and then start on the Paranormal Career path, until they get the career reward - which is a Ressurect-o-Phone (or some such name). Brandi could then use the phone to call the Grim Reaper to ressurect Bob or Betty.

Just be prepared to spend PLENTY of money to get them back, because if you SKIMP, they will come back as Zombies! (Hey - That might make for an interesting story line...) :rolleyes:

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've been wondering about that ... I wonder if the game will let you bring back people who were dead when it started. I just sent Dustin Broke to college, for example. What if he became a paranormalist? Could he bring Skip back? Or not? Would it crash the game?

I wonder.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm betting there has to be a strong personal relationship (as in direct contact and conversation and so forth) before you can bring back someone who's died.

I've done it three times in the game, and always for a well-loved household member who had recently died. I tried it a fourth time, for Wynter Sparrow, (a legacy family member,) and the Grim Reaper wouldn't allow it for some reason. Money was not the problem, nor was it the family relationship, because I seem to remember it was his granddaughter who tried to bring him back.

This was a long time ago, however. Right after the Uni EP came out. So I don't quite remember the details, only that I couldn't do it.

So I'd be keen to know if anyone is successful with this adventure.

6. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I don't know about Skip Broke, but I did have Juliet resurrect her parents in Veronaville. No problems at all. I would assume Dustin would be able to bring his dad back, or I'm sure Brandi could if Dustin got the career reward.

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Something else to try!! I happened to look at the Oldies family tree the other day. There are some ancestors there. I wonder how Dagmar would feel about a zombie showing up in the house. :D