Spore The OCEAN world!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by strillor, Jun 13, 2005.

1. strillor

strillor New Member

The OCEAN world!

http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/2005/06/gaming_steve_ep_11.php

this is a picture of an ocean world from Spore! :bouncy:

And I just want to say that THAT looks amazing! I think I'm gonna make something water-ish.. perfect beautiful water-creatures to fit into that BEAUTIFUL ocean-world.. I can't help it I'm shocked! I never thought about that fact with all the plants and cliffs and and and... :spin:

What do you guys think??

2. suomalainen

suomalainen New Member

I LOVE IT!! <3 Must make giantic sea-serpents! I go desingning.
    PS: land-world looks a little ugly at side of this. Look at the demo! In "spear-age" there's gray and boring. But look under the water! Amazing.

3. strillor

strillor New Member

it does, the land look very boring compared to this!!!

:love: tons of beatiful mermaid-birds!!! :love:

4. Azkar

Azkar New Member

I almost wonder if that's just a conceptual design, and not an actual shot from the game. It's beautiful and all, and I hope that's what the game will end up looking like in the end (both above and below water), but it would be unusual for the land to look as frumpy as it does with a gorgeous underwater world like that.

5. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I have to agree on this, it might be an art picture or something...

Heat

6. strillor

strillor New Member

I hope it's not...

They made a LOT of artpics of sims2.. that dissapoints you a little.. :(

7. Kazatan

Kazatan New Member

id have thought from a technological standpoint that the underwater world looking like that was possible. The only thing is Will Wright said that the world is all made procedurally, so thats randomly built up based on scripts etc.

So it probably wouldnt look as... modelled as that picture. Although the buildings ofc would be your own design, so they could look how you please.

8. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

It's concept art. Look at the coloring. Does that look a filter to you? I think not.

9. strillor

strillor New Member

ok maybe those light-effects is a bit too much, but I like the cliffs anyway! and the waters blue-ness and all the phantastic flowers :rolleyes: I know I sound like some hippie or like that, but that's also exactly how my race underwater, my Merds are going to be!

Just imaging putting a city in the center of that picture.. and remove the weird light effects.. then it still looks like a beautiful city!! :spin:

10. suomalainen

suomalainen New Member

Light-effects are beauty! Otherwise theres dark like in the cave (I think that's in cave and light comes out of small holes) Flowers makes light of course but not very much.

11. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

This is one of the conceptual paintings(or whatever medium it is) that the Spore team is using for ideas that they want players to be able to create. Wright talked about this in one of GamingSteve's interviews. This is not a screenshot, it's not even a render. The only time it would have ever hit a computer at all was if it was being touched up in photoshop or something, so it would look all nice and pretty for the audience to wow over.

Though, the oceans in-game do look pretty nice, regardless.

12. strillor

strillor New Member

yah,, it may look a little TOO designed...

But at least it can give us some ideas of what the intelectual underwater city could look like? :confused:

In the GDC video the water is beautiful, so if the lights becomes removed, it would look alot like the game (as it is now) :spin:

13. Pingpong

Pingpong New Member

Then......maybe there will be some terrain editing tools?

14. El Cid

El Cid New Member

I read the interview aswell, very informative. I also like the hwole, making space and planets and suns thing. Nebulas, black holes. Also changing plants n stuff. Also awesome.

15. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

The cities are designable...

16. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I think that this was already answered, if you have anything new to say, say it, but if you're going to repeat again and again, it won't help abybody.

Heat

17. kuhndog

kuhndog New Member

so tahts just some conception art?! awwwww man. i was really excited for naught. /sigh\

but im definatly going to build an underwater race.

18. Mtg mage

Mtg mage New Member

Yeah... But it was kinda obvious, the world isint going to be that textured, to unmoldable.

19. psyco88

psyco88 New Member

dudes!!!

WR said it was gonna be out Fall 06 :-D woot woot i cant wait, ive been waiting so long let it come out already

20. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire New Member

Re: dudes!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was official that it wouldn't be out until june 2007