Troubleshooting the sims 2 pets n other ep stuck?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ineedhelpPlay, Oct 30, 2007.

1. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

the sims 2 pets n other ep stuck?

hey ive just installed this dvd version of the sims pets which also includes the rest of the ep except for bon voyage. so far,ive been playing uni and seasons only and that worked fine. but when i try to play this sims pets thing, it hangs at the purple loading screen when the word atomizing atom particles appear. what can i do? ive read the requirements and my computer meets all of them

2. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

ok..i didnt make it clear. ive already installed uni and seasons and it worked fine. then i installed the sims 2 pets dvd version which also includes add ons and other eps except for bon voyage. the installation went fine but it always gets stuck when it loads(purple screen where is says atomic particles something) the cd is fine coz my fren managed to play it on her com. here r my system requirements anyway:

operating system: micosoft windows xp home edition 5.1, build 2600
    system model: dimension 4300
    processor: intel pentium 4 cpu 1.5 ghz
    memory: 512 ram
    direct x version:direct x 9.0c
    nvidia geforce ti 4600
    main driver: nv4 disp.dll
    version: 6.14.0010.9371

i know my com just meets the minimum but so far ive had no prob. is it coz the the sims 2 pets dvd which ive installed has too many eps for my com to cope? but if so, why does it get stuck at the exact same place?ok,i better not ramble on but i feel quite anxious now.

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Well Pets is quite heavy on system requirements. But I think the problem could be that you installed Pets after Seasons. I'd try uninstalling Seasons and then Pets because Pets came out before Seasons. It's recommended that you install your EPs in the order they came out.