The Sims 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by NaS, Jul 10, 2006.

1. NaS

NaS New Member

The Sims 2

I'm pickin up The Sims 2 this week along with an expansion pack, but I don't know which EP to get. Got any suggestions? :)

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

There are three right now, as well as two extra content packs. I recommend installing them in the order they were released, so first University, then Nightlife, then Open for Business. I don't think the Holiday Pack and Family Fun Stuff have to be installed in specific order.

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

^What person 123 said.

I would always recommend buying/installing in the correct order, so buy University. It has great music, the Young Adult stage, the 4 extra career paths (as the regular ones can get boring after a while), and College town.

Nightlife adds so much more to the game, but if you're going to be buying them all at some point, I would buy them in order.

4. NaS

NaS New Member

I've been hearin' that Uni isn't that good though, is that true?

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

A lot of people find the college process tedious after a while - it takes a while to get your sim through college. Unless you play a few sims in one dorm at time, you could literally spend hours with one sim at a time, and it really does get very samey after the first few sims.

I guess I'm just not very adventurous - I'm sure it would be more fun if I actually let my sims have fun instead of studying all the time :p I should really let them run riot and skip class and do the Secret Society thing etc. ;)

6. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, you can always buy Nightlife or OFB first as I won't deny they're more entertaining and add more game content, but you will undoubtedly want to buy Uni at some point and then you'll have to uninstall NL or OFB and then install Uni and then install NL or OFB again. It's quite a hassle, so the best route is to buy and install them in order. Buy Uni and shove a whole bunch of students through college at the same time so you don't get bored, and while you're at it save up for NL and OFB.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I actually enjoy just having one student at a time, sometimes. Right now I've got four households, the smallest of which has five students, and it's a little nuts!

But university can be a lot of fun, too. Especially when you haven't played it a lot.

8. SpongebobTanu

SpongebobTanu TGAP SPONGEY

I agree, University can be fun. But you really have to be in the mood for it! It adds great advantages as far as careers go though. I love the grimmy phone and the cow plant.