News The Sims 3 Ambitions – A day in the life of the architect, stylist and tattoo artist

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

The Sims 3 Ambitions – A day in the life of the architect, stylist and tattoo artist

The following is provided by ProSims.ru as a translation.* It’s apparently from EA Russia and describes a day in the life of the tattoo artist, architect and stylist.* I have a feeling we may end up seeing this as a proper translation sometime this week.* Thanks ProSims! Keep in mind that this is a rough translation, so expect some confusing points and possible in-correct details.

A few steps to change the campus: one step – one profession

Some fans of the game The Sims with head go online purchasing and construction, creating their homes and lands, or dragged the embodiment of their ideas, creating characters with an editor “Character Creation”. We only welcome such a passion, so in addition «The Sims 3 Career change the city and the characters became possible and in the mode of life.

Careers designer and stylist, as well as the art of tattooing can use their creative abilities. So, trace the “day in the life” characters, employed by these professions!

Architectural designer, day 10: an entertainment center or “den”

My character, Grant Dyuders, fairly well-known designer, not a novice. Nevertheless, he still has enough experience to get expensive orders, such as renovation of the kitchen or whole house. Fortunately, a local sports fan has decided to equip his home in a special room where you can gather with friends and watch sports television. Grant Dyuders understands simple man’s desire to create a “den”, because taken to fulfill the order.

Before you start work, Grant has a talk with the owner, trying to understand his tastes and character traits. Renders, that a skeptic, and loves nature. It is necessary to consider developing a design space.

I begin to repair, do not forget about the personal qualities of the client. I’m going to use the mode of repair – something between modes of purchase and construction. In the upper left corner of the screen – a list of demands made by the client. For each order – your list, and it is natural: how many customers, so many wishes. For entertainment center will require big screen TV, bar, comfortable sofa and table football. It seems that everything is simple, but the budget allocated for repairs, limited, and the room is not much room to accommodate a bar, a game with table football and a big TV!

Since my client is a skeptic, I understand that I can not regret spending. I get only the highest quality stuff, and this means that from the remaining budget should be cut out funds for new floor coverings and decorations. Wall-mounted big screen TV will free up space on the floor, so my choice stops on it.

Thus, it is time to remember the second part of my client’s character traits – love of nature. There should be little more windows. The budget is limited, but I managed to choose a sufficiently large windows that visually enhance a room, make it lighter, but at the same time produce a stern, “male” impression.

Before leaving the mode of repair, I’ll double check the approaches to all subjects in the room – whether they are located, can perform all the necessary action. You can safely leave in the mode of life, if you want to clarify once again features the character of clients or even to draw their portraits to adorn the wall.

Grant Dyuders tells the client that the work is finished. I am a little worried when a customer walks through the room, appreciating my work. Well I managed to pick colors? Like to his sofa? Fortunately, the customer is satisfied, and Grant Dyuders gets good reviews. Customer satisfaction that I bought all the necessary items, especially, he said the window through which you can admire nature. Then skip the suggested glass of, but my character has to work today, so I had to politely refuse. So, Grant Dyuders was promoted for order fulfillment, and that means new jobs and new opportunities to show yourself!

Stylist, day 2: cut “under Pot”

Each stylist has a pair of scissors, which can make someone happy, or to spoil the mood for a whole week. Serious responsibility, right? So Kathy MakMineys and became a stylist. In the local saloon opened shop stylist, and Kathy was able to get this place. Alas, not all that simple, as we would like.

The city is not lucky!

I do not argue, Kathy tries to embody a slightly aggressive appearance, but is negated by the lack of experience and necessary skills. Well, stylists are not born, they become as skills development. You have to practice somewhere!

The first client (or victim) came to make a haircut, because tonight she was going on a romantic date. Kathy discussed the requests with a client and set to work. The game switched to the editor of “Building Character”. After reviewing the options, I stop in a short hairstyle with a slightly bleached tips of hair. It should look funny. But poor Katie totally owns tools stylist – and short hair for some reason turns into a horrible perm “explosion at the Pasta Factory.

Needless to say, that the result is simply brought the unfortunate victim of himself. She ran away, brandishing his terrible wave.

The next day came another client. She wanted to completely change the appearance – hair, clothes, everything. A client has just gone through a midlife crisis and want to update the style of clothing, and hair, and makeup.

Kathy starts to work.

A client looks pale and sickly in recent years it is rarely possible to visit the open air. I choose a bright and defiant little skirt and a shirt with an interesting pattern. Instead of hair “ponytail” I choose to loose hair. Enough to keep their feelings!

After that, recalls: Katie is just beginning a career stylist. Now it begins to translate my ideas into reality and spoil everything. Maybe soon it will expel from work, but really it is merry at fame.

So I abruptly change their plan of action and decide to stay at a stylish accent. Let it be a flannel! Flannel shirt, flannel shirt, flannel slippers. It worked. And yet I made Katie a little ruffled his hair a poor female clients. Enough.

And if the day 3 did not come? Then Kathy lose profession stylist. But it does not happen with each character. Of course, the stylist can ruin the appearance of the client, but can also significantly improve it! Clients come to the salon like wet hens, and leave confident individuals, from which it is difficult to tear look. Is not it a miracle?

The delicate art of tattoo

Simply add the ability to apply the tattoo to us was not enough. Make a tattoo of a solution of responsible, because they are very difficult to remove. We wanted the tattoos are real works of art.

My character, Baz, tattooist working on the ground floor salon, there is his work chair. Citizens go to the Base, because every time he creates a true masterpiece.

When a client sits in a chair, opens in the editor section of tattoos “Character Creation”. This wonderful tool for the selection of place of making designs: upper back, lower and the entire back, neck, ankle, biceps, chest, abdomen or shoulder.

Then I choose the very tattoo. There are several dozen drawings can be mixed and applied to any part of the body in five layers. In each layer can change colors in different ways.For example, if the client wishes, we can depict the golden-blue flame and hot pink skull. Sometimes he did just such a tattoo!

For convenience, you can change the size of a given layer. For example, a dwarf can do more, and a layer of barbed wire will be only a slight accent. And finally, you can change the transparency of each layer to give a figure for skin watercolor blur or brightness and clarity.

There are plenty to choose from! Well, that Baz patient artist and does not leave it halfway. He can mix layers, select the successful versions. If only it does not apply to the lamas. He does not want to work with images of the lamas.

That he nature. And I respect him.

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Related posts:
    1. Q&A with producer Grant Rodiek on The Sims 3 Ambitions
    2. The Sims 3 Ambitions Fact Sheet and Bonus Content
    3. Official PR – EA announces The Sims 3 Ambitions expansion pack!

2. did9652

did9652 New Member