Troubleshooting The Sims 3 crashes.

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by M.Hoover, Jun 12, 2009.

1. M.Hoover

M.Hoover New Member

The Sims 3 crashes.

Hello,

I'm quite a new member here, and I was googling for some issues. It seems that you guys are very good at determining and fixing issues, so I thought I'd post mine.

Basically, I run the Sims 3 and it crashed before I get to the neighborhood screen, as in.. the selection screen for the neighborhood. What happens is that the monitor shuts off first, and my sound will either repeat the last segment played continuously ( like a machine gun firing ) or shut off completely. I then have to manually restart the PC. I have the latest ATi drivers as far as I know, and everything else meets the minimum requirements.

Hopefully you can help me out.

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

When you installed the new driver did you install it over the old driver or uninstall the old driver and then install the new driver?
    I would suggest you try this if you did .
    I would suggest you do a complete uninstall, driver cleanup and reinstall .
    First off download the newest driver from ATI if you haven't already
    Next google a program called Driver Sweeper and download it and install it before you do anything next.
    Once you've done that go into the control panel/ system/ hardware/ device manager and double click the name of your video card under graphics adapters.
    When the little page pops up click on the driver tab and click uninstall.
    Now restart the computer and while it's booting up (before the Windows Vista screen pops up) tap the F8 several times to get it to boot into "safe mode" .
    Once you're in safe mode run Driver Sweeper and check off the box next to Ati-display and then click "clean.
    Once it's done click the start button and click all programs, click accessories, click system tools and then click disk defragmenter and run that.
    Once that's all done install the new driver and restart the computer into normal mode and try the game.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Try installing this driver and see if that helps.
    Next time the game crashes/freezes, see if you can do a Ctrl + Alt + Delete and get back to the desktop.