News [TheSims2.com] Take The Latest Survey

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 11, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

[TheSims2.com] Take The Latest Survey

Hurry and fill out the latest survey before it's gone!:: Take the Survey

More...

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Too late it's over with!

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Me and Josh took the survey - will post more later. :)

4. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

I too managed to take it. Honestly, I don't like the idea. Just another way for them to milk money when technically it should be free I guess :/

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I was able to take it and I didn't really like the idea either. Why should I pay a bunch of money for downloads that I've been able to get for free from fan sites? The prices that I was giving them for individual downloads were like 10 cents. I'm thinking this will be a replacement for stuff packs with TS3. You pay for the downloads you want but you can pick and choose which ones. Well some of us still don't have the internet at home and I'm very limited in where I can go online while here at work.

Ruth

6. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

It's basically a carbon copy of the current system of NX Cash used in Maplestory: You 'charge' your account by buying either Nexon cards in stores, or via online methods. When the NX Cash is in your Maplestory account, you can spend it on whichever items you like.

However, the major difference is that whilst we've all paid cold hard cash for Sims 2 base game and EPs, Maplestory is FREE to download and play. That's right! FREE. And it's frequently updated with new areas, quests, items, features, and holiday events.

So let's see if I understand this correctly:

• buy the Sims 2 base game
    • buy any Expansion packs you like
    • buy any stuff packs you like
    ... and then

• buy items in the Sims 2 Store
    Exactly how much money would you like us to spend EA? You're wringing every last drop of money out of your fanbase.

I can see it now - people will want/demand money for birthdays and holidays to 'charge up' their SimPoints to spend in the Sims 2 Store. EA think this is a win/win for them. However, when I saw the price suggestions for single items, I laughed out loud. In the survey I actually quoted that my ceiling price that I would be willing to pay for a single item is something ridiculous such as 0.01 and even that was generous.

What EA fails to realise is that even if their content is of a high enough quality (and that's been debatable sometimes), fans can download many hundreds and thousands of quality items for FREE on various fansites.

I think this is a bit late in the day for EA to cash in on the downloading phenomenon. If the base game and all EPs were free that might be a different story, but as it stands we've already paid a LOT of money for the games so far. Throw a lil 'bonus freebie' called SecuROM into the mix and, well let's face it EA - you've managed to alienate your fanbase. Congratulations.

I think that if The Sims 2 Store is ever going to be profitable for EA and useful/beneficial for fans, EA should make the Sims 2 and EPs available for free. If this is going to be a source for the next generation of gaming revenue, MAKE THE GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE.

Nexon, for all its faults and annoyances, has at least gotten this bit right - free game, optional 'extras'. They do very well out of it, apparently. Maplestory anyone?

7. ManagerJosh

I must say after taking that survey it left a very very bitter taste in my mouth. It felt almost the equalvent, if not going to happen, that future versions of The Sims Official Websites will now be paysites. Besides that, it felt like they were nickel and diming us to death.

I'm more than happy to shell out cash for add-ons, however, it better be worth the money. Thus far, only a few expansion packs peak my interest and for the most part, I find games like Maplestory more exciting sometimes because it's free, but also very enjoyable.

These commercials came to mind...

8. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

What is Maplestory?

9. ManagerJosh

10. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I always thought Maplestory was something sims2 related.

11. ManagerJosh

HAHAHA! Nope. It's an MMORPG which I got a few of our members here addicted too...

/me runs from hugzncuddles..