Thought this was rather funny.....

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hugzncuddles, Jan 4, 2008.

1. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Thought this was rather funny.....

My fiance bought a new PC for me for Christmas, with an awesome spec (more on that later) and so I installed Sims 2 and EPs up to Seasons. I've been on a 3 day download spree and added another 800 files to my game (along with my old backed up game that already had 10,000 + downloads), and today I created a new custom neighbourhood.

So I made 2 sims, male and female, and built a starter home for each of them. Got their cooking skill to 3 each, and put the guy in the medicine track and the female in the culinary track. The guy burnt pancakes soon into the game and I exited to nhood without saving. Heh. The female, having been promoted in the culinary track to fast food person (still low level) then went on to burn the grilled cheese sandwiches the next day. So I clicked to exit without saving once again, but I clicked the save button by accident, grrrr. So now I have a sim who I had planned to become a masterchef but can't yet even cook grilled cheese sandwiches! She now has that memory icon of burning them, and an icon of a fire in the home. Wheee!

LOL you had to be there, I was literally cursing myself for clicking the save button. :rolleyes: I love things to be 'just so' in my game and that kinda ruins my plans lol. Still, it shouldn't really matter, and after all, humans make mistakes so why can't sims? I am still tempted though to change her career track. :p

I haven't played Sims 2 for a few months due to computer issues but this new PC is a dream! Got 4Gb RAM (well, 3.25 to be accurate since I will only get the benefit of the 4Gb if I have a 64 bit OS and I prefer XP at the mo), and a dual core processor. The best bit though is the graphics card.....*drum roll*..... nVidia 8800 GTX with 768Mb of Video RAM. OMG Sims 2 is slicker than a Ferrari on ice! :D

It's really good to play the game again and the picture quality is just awesome. I'm going to make a conscious effort this year to take some good screenshots and upload them. I'm also gonna focus on creating more attractive houses/lots, and working on landscaping in particular as it's something I always neglect. I've always built for budget and functionality, rather than eye candy. Time to break the mould a lil. :)

2. Niv

Niv New Member

You change their career for burning grilled cheese??? I only quit without saving if there's a death or a major fire! petty things like that don't really bother me lol

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

LOL she did start a fire, that's why I tried to exit without saving. :p The guy who burnt pancakes also started a fire. Must be something in the water in Crystal Springs - newbies in the 'hood get to meet the local fireperson pretty quickly lol.

4. Niv

Niv New Member

lol, my sims learn as they cook, once they get to one point, then I start the study. I get hardly any fires. Even hopeless sims can whip up a mac and chee ;)

5. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

i save no matter what,

even if my sims die unexpectably by a hot tub fire.........

shakes things up a little :D

6. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I was really upset this weekend because I had this great couple just about to graduate from Uni and then go home and get married when the guy caught on fire when lightening struck the swing set outside. By the time I got the girl woke up and down there the fire had spread so she couldn't get to the Grim Reaper to plead for his life. :cry: I had to save the game though because I didn't want to loose 2 hours of game play. If nothing important had happened though I would have quit without saving just to spare his life. They were like the perfect couple because they almost fell in love without my help, it took 2 romantic interactions for them to fall in love. They were constantly flirting, hugging, etc by themselves with no direction from me. The sad thing is now she doesn't even seem to miss him!

Ruthie

7. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

yea it sucks when that happens, especially when they haven't even passed their genes on.

but im actually trying to get my sims struck by lightning :rolleyes:

you might say im bored of my sims dieying (not sure about spelling:confused:) normally,

so in a way im jealous of the fact your sim died:eek:

haha :S