Timing in Nightlife

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Brahbech, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

Timing in Nightlife

Since Nightlife seems to focus on commercial lots, I wonder how it is going to deal with the present strategy of making the needs for the sims drop faster at commercial lots that at home and not offering services for fullfilling every need at every commercial lot.

If might not be that fun going to a night club if you can only have a few dances before you need to take a break or even leave the lot in order to fullfill a need.

I also wonder if the sims working at night e.g. in the culinary or slacker careers can be found working in Nightlife - and maybe even lecture teenagers they are parents for if those teenagers have sneaked out.

Best regards,
    Boerge

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Good points all. I hope they do something along those lines. I have an extra hope for Nightlife. I'd like to see the time factor "integrated" ...

Say Tom, Richard and Harry are roomies. At 6pm Tom calls up his girlfriend, Mary and invites her out to dinner. The taxi arrives to pick him up at 6:20pm - we get the usual message about "being sure about "saving the lot in its current state" and go off with Tom to meet mary and have a good time dining and dancing until Tom looks well worn-out and he kisses Marry g'night and calls a cab to go home at midnight.

When he get in the cab at 15 minutes past midnight the game reloads the Tom, and Harry house ... where it is still 6:30pm. We get to carry on playing Richard and Harry until about half past midnight when a taxi draws up up and disengorges a tired but happy Tom (maybe he has a big lipstick kiss-print on his cheek ...).

Oh well, I can dream.

Of course there is a possible further scenario ... Richard and Harry might decide to go out too (only a little later on) and they might then bump into Tom and Mary (who would, of course be non-playable characters) ... ;)

(Hmm -- edit -- apparently the name Richard cannot shortened to its 4 letter version. How sad that the traditional British desert of dried fruit and sponge-cake is being censored out of existence ... :cheeky:)

3. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

Hi Mirelly,

I did not think much of the needs when the sims get home from a night out.
    I was more concerned if Tom and Mary would even be able to have a dance after dinner, before at least one of them need to go home or to another lot for a bath or a cup of coffee. If they succeed in having a dance, they might spend the next hour drinking coffee and going to the toilet in stead of talking, flirting and kissing.

Best regards,
    Boerge

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

That would be the logical approach and I've considered digging my grubby paws into the matter at some point. But since Maxis tends to disregard any apparent form of logic, since it's obvious they're too busy slacking to engage in any proper logic-building pursuits like Chess or Telescoping, and Logic apparently cannot be gained on any Maxian computers, it'd be a big surprise if the lot of them have more than 3 logic points collectively.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

ROTF LMAO at JMP. I now have this mental image of the Maxis offices, filled with Alienware computers, cheap desks, egg-shaped chairs, a dusty chess table in the corner, and the Maxian, like all good slackers, hanging out, flirting with their co-workers, and eating too much chineese food. :D