Tips and tricks on getting Stars in SuperStar

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by ManagerJosh, May 26, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Tips and tricks on getting Stars in SuperStar

Hi Simmers......

This is to help you in getting Stars in your search for Superstardom in SuperStar... Print it and/or bookmark it to help you if you get Stuck in the game....

Note: It is very difficult to build meaningful Releationships with Celebrities if you are not Famous. It is especially difficult if they have a fame Rating of 3 stars or higher.. However, if you lay the groundwork for several Releationships while you visit, you have a jump start on the famous friends requirement when you begin a fame career..

First I will talk about the Aspecks of Fame and what you need to Advance.......

StarPower Fame Object Current fame Fame required to advance Fame awarded Fame Penalty Base income Famouse friends Chrisma/Body/
    Creavitity needed
    0 Karaoke/open mic 1 1 1-2 0 tips 0 0/0/0
    1/2 Photo shoot:print Ad 2 7 2-3 0 $50. 0 1/0/1
    1 Recording booth:Jingle 9 12 2-3 0 $65 0 2/1/2
    1 1/2 soap opera set:Commercial 21 14 3-4 0 $80 0 3/2/3
    2 Photo shoot 35 17 4-6-7 -8 $100 2 4/3/4
    2 1/2 Soap Opera 52 26 5-7-8 -10 $150 4 6/4/4
    3 Recording Booth Record 78 78 8/12/1 -15 $200 7 6/5/6
    3 1/2 Fashion Runway 156 144 25-25-40 -20 $325 11 7/6/7
    4 Music video 300 250 35-50-60 -30 $625 14 8/7/8
    4 1/2 Movie set 550 350 55-70-80 -50 $750 18 10/8/9
    5 Superstar 900

That is the Guide of al that is required to advance your career, but now i will go thru this star by star...When you first visit Sudio Town talk to Lana she has alot of good information....

0 stars Nobody- First you need to look insid the studio Town Isider and hire a agent..This paper arives with you daily newspaper... Call a cab and a tram willcome pick you up, I went to lot 88 and opted for the Open Mic there.

0 stars Nobody-
    If you jump on the stage and start singing your Sim's lack of talent inspires a barrage of catcalls from everyone. Before stepping up to the Mic wander around the room meeting as many people as you can. Good conversation builds loyalties and it doesnt to tip the other performers. After you have several friendships wait till a small crowd gathers near the stage and jump up to the Mic... Now you have your first half a star....The more success you have the better the Tips...

1/2 Star Stepping Stone-
    Head over to lot 86 to do the Photo Shoot. Head over to lot 86 and head for the Photo shoot you will do a Print Ad. Once you have done Print Ad a few times you will get a promotion to 1 star...

1 Star-Insider- Now you will want to go to Record a Jingle, so head over to lot 84... The first try at making a jingle will be uninspiring but after the second you have promise, You have to do a few more to earn your next star... So after a few sessions you are promoted to 1/1/2 Stars...

1 1/2 Stars-Name dropper- Now we are going somewhere Now you want to do a T.V.Commercial so head over to lot81 to do the set... At this point you will need to refer to the chart I have listed above to see what skills you need and how many friends you need to get promoted... After you do a few commercials you will get promoted again....2 Stars good job....

2 Stars-Studio fly- Ok now it gets alittle rougher... you will head over to do a Photo Shoot, lets say you want to model swimwear you only get 3 chances to get the sequence right so grab a pen and paper to keep track of what you choose.... You have 3 choices A,B,C, so lets say you choose A,B,B, and you have to look at the producer to watch what he thinks of your choices. If he after the first one shows you face in a bubble with a x on it then its not right, and the second he likes no X so thats in order and the third is right to so now you need to change the first one only, so try C,B,B if the first one still isnt right then its B,B,B, now you will have to use this same thing for several other things so i will refer you back to this when the time comes.... Now you have to have several good shoots to get promoted but you do......

2 1/2 Stars-Sell Out- Now you should have started to make friends so you dont get the Obsessed fan, cause at the next promotion you will see him him you havent... Now at 2 1/2 Stars the game will check Fan Releationships every hour ,an if we dont have a total of at leaste 126 Releationship Points then guess who stops by? Yes the Obsessed fan..... Now if you do get him talk to Lana while in studio town and she will shoo him but he will come back and while at home if you hire a Butler then he will get rid of him during the hours of 7 am and 12 midnight but the Obsessed fan will wake you up and will steal any Simmy's or awards you have so to gaurd against that put all your awards in a room with a Star door on it then he cant get in....now to get you more Stars..... Now you wan to go back to the soap Opera set to do a soap Opera, now remember what I just said about the 3 choices? well you need to use that same tatic here get pen and paper and write down your choices so you dont blow it..... Now after several good roles you get promoted.....

3 Stars-Trendsetter- Please refer to the chat above to get all the famed friends and skills you need to get promoted... Now its time to cut a record..... You have 3 choices to get this right so pen and paper again..... After you do several albums you get promoted....

3 1/2 stars-Player- Now its time to Model, so head over to a lot that has a Runway, you get 2 chances here so make it count.....Keep the pen and paper handy, and pick wisely, after you do several Shoots then you get promoted...

4 Stars-Talk Of The Town- .....- Now you get to do a Music Video.... Like the Photo Shoot you only get 2 trys to guess the sequence for our first music video.... After several good videos then you get promoted again.....

4 1/2 Stars-Celebrity- Now its off to the Movie Set..... Now like the last one you only have 2 chances to get this right so make your choices count..... Pen and Paper is always good when you have a sequence to guess..... Make sure you have all the skills and famed friends you need so get promoted.... Now after you do several good scenes you get promoted to 5 Stars........

5 Stars-SuperStar- You made it to superstar........ Great job...... now that wasnt that hard was it.....LOL....

Hope you enjoy these tips and tricks

Compiled by Shalee5

The table above isn't looking correct. To get a proper view of the table, I advise downloading the TXT or MSFT Word Document Version.

2. ManagerJosh

Text Version of the information

Attached Files:

3. ManagerJosh

MSFT Word Document Version

Attached Files:

4. DrJulia99

DrJulia99 New Member

Some more add on tips for Superstar!

First I made and sim when I only had Vacation. Her name is Samantha. I had her get every point in the skill list (using Move_objects on of course. Just remeber to save! I learned that the hard way.). When unleashed came out I had her get a dog, and now the dog has every point except the tricks. (side note: if anyone has a cheat that does not include a download, that will allow my sims to get all of their skills mre quickly, please let me know!)

Anyhoo, Samantha first got an agent and she went down and sang at the karaoke bar. The first thing is to greet everybody, then click on sing 3 times on the karaoke stage, and right when you walk on the stage, click on everyone. The people that you greeted will have the listen option. They will come and listen to you. The reason for the three times is so your lazy sims will have enough time to actually come to the room and listen to you. I suggest starting with a big band number, followed by a dance mix, and ending with a power ballad. The crowd loves it!

2. making friends of stars.

Sim stars are hard friends to make, but once you make them, they are easy to keep! First reserve and go downtown. Do not greet anyone or talk to anyone, simply have your sim buy up any and everything she can afford. Necklaces, chocolates, rings, roses, everything. Stars love getting gifts and when the time is right it will pay off big time! Also, get magazines and take some time for your sim to read up on many topics. This really helps in the beginning phase of the friend making process.
    Greet stars while in studiotown and schmooze just enough. They like hearing biggest fan, but dont overdo it. They like being asked for their autograph and for a hug. You dont have to overdo it downtown. Maybe let them hear you sing some karaoke numbers and then go home. The next morning fix breakfast and invite the star over. Try a few more times if they say no, if they do not break down, then invite over another star. (Note: you cannot stay away from studio town too long and the friend star process usually takes a day and a so use your time wisely.)
    When the star comes over try to start out on the good foot by biggest fanning them, then ask for a hug. At this time none of your other sim interactions will do any good so leave them alone! When you sit down to eat watch closely at their conversation. Samantha and Nanette(one of the studio stars) found they only had exercise in common, but Samantha kept trying to talk about politics and Nanette was not having it. Their points kept going down until I made Samantha talk about exercise and only that. I had Samantha leave the table a little early so she would have time to use the bathroom and then she went and turned on the tv while Nanette was in the can. She invited Nanette to watch tv. Then they alternated chess (which sometimes is harmful if your sim keeps winning) and watching tv where they could talk. Sometimes if you leave them alone the star will talk to you. If they talk to you and your sim agrees with them then that is fine, if they lose points, back to the tv or chess board and exercise it is! Anyhoo in one day we went from 9 points to 44. The next day I went to studio town and only did one thing. I got a star fairly quickly so I did a print ad and went home when emotions were still high. I invited Nanette back over and while we ate we became friends. Now when you become friends do an all out assault to get the highest number you can, here is what I did: talk about interests, entertain joke, give yellow rose, talk about interests, entertain joke, hug friendly, entertain joke, talk about interests, say goodbye hug. Nanette and I are at 98 now. Our bottom bar is 12 but who cares? Nanette and I will only be cool until she falls off the whos hot list! Right now the order is Ben, Audrey, Ian, Christine, Lucy, Hayley, Nanette. I am friends with Nanette, Christine, Audrey, and Ian! (side note: The whos hot list constantly changes. I noticed that if I saw a person downtown that I didnt think was famous a lot, they would be on the list the next day. The moral? Be nice to everyone.)

3. Papparazzo. I noticed that asking another star to stage a stunt hasnt worked for me, maybe because I only have 2 stars? Any thoughts? I also noticed that publicity stunts result in my juggling and a lot of pictures being taken which is great for my star power.

Now I have some questions.
    1. How exactly do I read my star power meter> I noticed that when I got 3 friends on the whos hot list, It said 14.0, but what does that mean?
    2. Can you see the star autographs that you get anywhere?
    3. How do you know your fame rating, so you know how many plusses you need to get to the next fame level?

Thats all for now. This has worked for me, I hope it works for you!

5. KayCantDoIt

KayCantDoIt New Member

i have 2 stars so far, and i have my relationships up to anywhere from 80 to 100 with a few of the sims that have a star above their heads, but it still says that i need 2 friends to advance to the next level? can anyone tell me what i have to do to get them to be my friend? i have had them over for dinner, and hot tubbing, etc, and i don't know what else to do... i thought that if i got it up to 100, they just become friends?

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Have you read the disertations found above to see if your answer was already posted?

7. hiboana

hiboana New Member

i don't get the combinations with letters and/ or numbers, how do you actually use those???

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I actually don't know because I don't even have superstar. I just figured that the answer must be found up there somewhere... sorry.

9. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

Great tips!

Exellent tips for superstar. I'm going to log off touse them now!

10. wow! those tips are great! thanks!

11. Gendreavus

Gendreavus New Member

You forgot the price of fame charm that you can use if you have Makin' Magic. That boosts your starpower to 4.5!

12. jazzling

jazzling New Member

Help!!! I don't know what happened but all of a sudden Superstar won't let me go to Studio Town at all, saying something along the lines of not being allowed more than once a day and not wanting to seem desperate, but this is everyday! No matter what time it is, I can't get to Stuido Town. Can anyone help me?