How Do I Too much money?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by vankate, Jan 31, 2007.

1. vankate

vankate New Member

Too much money?

Hi all

So.
    We all know there are cheats to get more money, like "kaching" and "motherlode".

But as I tend to use these a lot (okay, I spoil my little sims with fancy houses), I also frequently wind up with a lot more money in the end than I want my sims to start with. Sure, they have a really nice house, but - can they afford to upkeep it with only one job income and hardly any simoleans in their pockets at the beginning? That's my fun.

I've tried to just "use it up" but there are only so many paintings one can put in the house before it looks cluttered *lol*.

Is there such a cheat or innovative way to get rid of the excess cash when I'm done building and the sims move in?

Any thoughts are appreciated! :)

2. craziisimmer

craziisimmer New Member

As far as i know there isn't. maybe you should use motherlode, then spend the money and then just use motherlode as it is needed?

3. hobolover

hobolover New Member

yeah, or maybe use motherlode at first, and once it's used up use kaching only as needed. just a thought ;)

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Not a cheat; but a download. JM at More Awesome Than You has a hack called money order. It looks like a pile of bills that you can actually have your sims purchase. With this unique hack they can select any other sim in your neighborhood and send money to them. When you play that other sim they will be that much richer. I'd suggest creating a character just to use for your dumping grounds for money. Here's the link. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=215.0

5. hobolover

hobolover New Member

I found a cheat! I'm not sure if it works in losing simoleans but i think it should...
    familyfunds [FAMILYNAME] #: Used in neighborhood view with a household selected either on their lot or in the family bin. Insert the family name to be changed. The "#" equals the amount of money the family will have after the cheat is applied.

6. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

Try putting on lots of layers of paint and floor covers. This will use up money quick!

7. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

In Sims 1, someone created a toilet that would get rid of 1,000 Simoleons every time it was flushed! I would LOVE it if some clever content creator could replicate that for Sims 2! (Or even one that would flush away 10,000 Simoleons at the push of the handle!)

8. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

That would be Simslice http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects-pg13.htm and they did make one for the sims2 it is however a pay site.

Description: Typed in "kaching" one too many times? Tired of living in wealth and easy luxury? Now you can send that "dough down da drain"! Flush 10, 100, 1000 or even 10,000... or just use it as a regular toilet... it's all up to you. Guests can't flush simoleans, but they can use it as a regular toilet as well. Sims can "Throw Up" on command and even grown-ups can "Play" in the water... if they are so inclined to that is (ew). Any fun surprises included? Well.... I just couldn't resist.... :p
    Enabled for use at-home and on all away-from-home lots.​
    Requirements: None - made to work with any version of The Sims 2.​

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You can always get Pescado's money order and just send the spare cash to some sim you don't like ;)

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Or a sim you do. I have empty nesters with everything they could possibly want (or fit on their lot) get a career question right (I tried not to die from shock: I NEVER get those right). Anyway, the sim got a $100,000 bonus. She has a grown son who's struggling to make ends meet so she sent him $25,000, enough for him and his expanding family to move to a larger lot but not so much that he was instantly rich.

I rarely cheat for just those reasons listed above, unless I have a sim I want to be rich for some reason, or that I want to have live in a specific house. The Summers family in Sunnydale, for example, lives in a house that's a pretty close replica of the one in the series. I'll try to post pix sometime.

It's snazzy. :)

11. craziisimmer

craziisimmer New Member

**GASP** how do you send a money order to someone!!!!

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

It is Pescado's money order ... I provided a link :p

13. craziisimmer

craziisimmer New Member

when the link is opened, it says nothing about a moneyorder thing, what do i click on?

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well I would try scrolling down the page looking for something that suggests hacks and modifications. Pretty darn soon I'd come to a section devoted to that ... Feeling all froody and adventurous I might then just wild for two minutes and pop open every link with the miracle of Ctrl+Click or whatever your browser supports for opening mulitple pages ....

[​IMG]

I snapped this pic of the link that actually leads to the hacks section where you'll find the money order ... but you'll still need to actually open the All Hacks directory yourself and then choose the game flavour that best suits what you own ...

Pescado's hacks are 100% safe, but he doesn't make it easy to own them and I don't like doing his job for him. Hey! teasing on this scale takes effort ... serious effort. I even made a piccy for ya! :p

I'm toying with emigrating and going to live in Bulgaria where property taxes are less than I spend on soy sauce and houses with half an acre of good land in the mountains can be had for only 10,000 euros and goat (or two avian flu-free chickens and bus ticket to Athens).

Time I went to bed ... night night. Mwa mwa.

15. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Also; if you would read farther up before Mirelly even posted you would see that I recommended the same money order hack. I even provided the exact link to get to it.

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Shana. You can lead a horse to water but getting the critter to sup is nigh on futility.

17. gailzyxcore

gailzyxcore New Member

I went on holiday there a couple of years ago, it's a very nice place but I did notice most of the people there are called Georgy? But the weather is lovely and it is not as dead to the world and diseased-filled as some people make it out to be. Although I must admit where we went to stay there was nothing there; we stayed at the hotel every day except one day we went on a trip to ANOTHER HOTEL. But some people like boredom. There you go.

This is the last post I make about something irrelevant to the Sims I promise!!!

18. vankate

vankate New Member

:D Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU for all the responses! I appreciate them, I had no idea I'd get this many!

Can't wait to try them all out!

19. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

this helps. thanks.

20. plyemzi

plyemzi New Member

it don't work

i tryed using that cheat [familyname]amount of money . and it don't work :cry:

emma:confused: