News TouchArcade – previews of Simcity Deluxe and Sims 3 Ambitions for the iPhone/iPad

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

TouchArcade – previews of Simcity Deluxe and Sims 3 Ambitions for the iPhone/iPad

SimCity Deluxe – This sequel of sorts is basically little more than a makeover of the original*SimCity [$2.99], it’s a little disappointing that EA is releasing this as a separate game instead of applying these fixes to the existing one, but I suppose you could say the same about most EA sequels.SimCity Deluxe is going to have seasons (and disasters to go with each) as well as graphics that look a lot like*SimCity 4 for the PC. In the game you will finally be able to modify the terrain with touch controls, which actually was a lot of fun. The new UI is also substantially less clunky, although still suffers a little just because there’s*so much you can do in the game and packing all those functions in to a sensible touch-based interface is never going to be easy.

[​IMG]

The Sims 3 Ambitions – I’ve never really been one to get sucked in to*The Sims, but the sheer popularity of the series is undeniable.*The Sims 3 Ambitions, much like*SimCity Deluxe takes the same basic formula from*The Sims 3 [$6.99] and greatly improves upon it. Unlike*The Sims 3 World Adventures [$6.99], EA doesn’t currently have plans to allow you to import your existing sim in to the game which I’m sure some people will be disappointed by. Regardless of that,Ambitions is host to tons of improvements. You can now build rooms of your house just like the computer game, there are kids in game, players have much more control over the speed of time, and the city area is much denser with many more career paths and activities for your sims. For me, my favorite part of*Sims games was always building my house, so I was very excited to see they finally added that functionality to the iPhone game and even more so when I saw just how well the touch interface worked for building.