How Do I triplets

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by zeedudette, Apr 5, 2006.

1. zeedudette

zeedudette New Member

triplets

ok i know how to get twins, alien babies, and single babies....and also using that machine (i dont have that ep) is it just luck for triplets and quads etc.? or is there a trick like the cheesecake for twins?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Triplets and quads are apocryphal. I have seen many mentions of them but like stories about aliens IRL they should be taken with a pinch of salt. There are hacks that can deliver babies in just any desired permutation ... but that's a long way from tricks and tips and cheat codes. There are no tricks or cheat codes to obtain multiple births in the official game unless you have the Open For Business expansion pack.

With OFB there is a new cheat forcetwins and also a new food: cheescake which increases the likelihood of twins when eaten by a mother.

The key point you must absorb is this: the number of babies to be born is decided at the moment of woohoo. So if a M & F try for baby and there are 4 other people in the house plus the woohoo-ers then there are 2 vacancies and twins might be conceived. If there is only one vacancy (out of the 8 max number of sims in a family) then twins can never be conceived ... that's the theory, though a game bug has allowed the 8 limit to be exceeded at least once in my own games)

For triplets to occur, one of the unborn twins would have to roll the virtual twin-die again and as far as I know this doesn't (and cannot) happen. For quads it wwould have to happen for both twins ... or one of them twice :rolleyes:)

NOTE the sex (and, I believe, the DNA and personality) of the baby is decided just after the belly-clutching labour pains begin ... and NOT before.

Triplets and quads are therefor only possible with hacks and using those might make your neighborhood explode in a BFBVFS

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, DNA and personality too. I know this because I had two babies born in a household and then my game went wonky and I had to use a back up. I had the same two babies again and this time one was a different sex, and they both ended up with different personalities from previously as well.

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

As previously stated, Triplets, Quads, etc. can not be born into the game with out the use of hacks. However, you can create families that have Triplets (or even Quads, Quints, or...well let's not go there...)

I once created a family with triplet toddlers...they were lucky they survived into childhood! Trying to raise Quads - well - that just boggles the mind!

5. zeedudette

zeedudette New Member

thanks all of you.......i thought it seemed a bit wierd, i'll have to try having only two or three other people in ther house to see......cheers :D

also..... when you adopt a child/toddler are they always aries with mean personality? mine always seem to be

6. surprised_by_witches

Nope. Your game could be stuck on Aries. I like Aries sims, BTW ... to each their own I guess.

I adopted three kids in one family who could not be less alike if I'd made them that way. A pisces, a taurus and a scorpio. All boys.

The taurus and scorpio fought like cats and dogs and the pisces just tried to stay out of their way.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL my mum is a pisces. I so hated the inadequate outcomes of all my adolescent attempts to be argumentative and generally meany-teeny ... (no! Not last year, this was ... :eek: so last millenium). Trying to pick an argument with a pisces is an exercise in purest futility. Even if you catch them for long enough to vent your opinion they only end up making you feel bad by crying. I'm a gemini. I only cry in arguments when I'm in the wrong and losing (done properly, it's a guaranteed ploy either to get the last word or, failing that, you at least get the bed/room/house/...town :p to yourself :rolleyes:)

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

LOL - As one Gemini to another - So true...so true! ;) ;)

9. zeedudette

zeedudette New Member

haha, im an aquarius so i wouldn't know lol...although my dad is gemini, but the quiet wisdom type. Its quite cool, my mum is libra my dad is gemini, i'm aquarius, so it's my brother and sister that are odd, they are leo and cancer. I don't argue alot, but when I do, it's got alot of emotion and noise hehe :D

10. surprised_by_witches

I'm Capricorn/Sagitarrius cusp, so I'm outgoing and friendly but reliable. Not such a bad thing to be, but I hate that everyone seems to think being a Capricorn makes you boring and stuffy and that your favorite color is black and you don't like to have fun. I'm a big mischievous goof, as you all know.

Do you geminis find that you have a public face and a private one that are very separate? My brother's a gemini and that describes him pretty well though I'm sure he'd disagree. :D

My sister's a pisces and boy was she a water fountain as a kid. Now that she's grown up she's a little tougher, but she's still a big sweet softie. Nothing wrong with that.

Witch Baby's a libra, which IMHO makes her very easy to raise. Her cousin's a Virgo, goes off like a rocket if you're out of her favorite kind of ... anything. Witch Baby shrugs and says, What else you got.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

My sister is an Aquarius and she got like 11 neatness points. I gave up buying clothes decades ago. She clears her wardrobe out two or three times a year and I get first dibs before the rest goes to the charity shops.

As a Gemini I used to have a different face for everyone I knew (I think) but as I've got older I find more and more that I can't really be bothered. Most people find me the same these days.
    0 neatness, 7 outgoing, 8 activity, 5 playful, 5 nice

And yes ... just like a sim, a RL slob can go into asp failure over the state of the kitchen (but only during the run-up to a state visit by the Piscean Queen :rolleyes:)

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

You guys are nuts. How could the stars have any affect whatsoever on your personality. Gracious me. :rolleyes: I don't believe in ghosts, leprechauns or flying saucers either. :D But I have a real good time writing about them.

13. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I do! I totally believe in stuff like that. I actually always thought I was a bit of a piscean as well - and then it turns out that theres like another sign you can have and I'm piscean for that.

14. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

OK, as a Leo I am meant to be outgoing and love attention and being in the limelight. The attention thing may be a little bit right ( you don't need to focus on me all of the time :p ), but outgoing? Not until I really know people am I outgoing, before that I'm fairly shy :eek: .

Edited to get back on topic: Anyway, with the whole triplet thing, I nearly got them once, but I exited without saving. My game hiccupped and spat out 3 babies instead of one. It did the whole "Aaagh I'm in labour" movie 3 times and all! It may have made more, but being the chicken I am, I exited without saving just in case the proverbial BFBVFS happened.

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I don't believe either. All resemblances are coincidental more than anything else due the sheer vagueness of the classifications. But that doesn't stop me looking at the star sign the game has chosen for a CAS I have just made and thinking, "well that matches Such-and-so because they are neat freaks with a penchant for practical jokes and nude sunbathing as well!"

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Nude-sunbathing. I've always wondered what that would be like. Hot, I guess. And I have no doubt that star signs are involved in sims programming if not in mine. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wish I could believe in all that stuff. Life would be magic. Horoscopes would actually mean something. You'd know with more certainty that that guy was really meant for you. Etc., Etc.

As for triplets in Sims 2. It's never happened to any of mine. One of my sims had twins twice. Six kids in all. I think with triplets I'd start banging my head on the keyboard. :crazy:

17. zeedudette

zeedudette New Member

:D

lol, thats me all over...i get bored and clean...it's quite good as then you can find everything you look for, but it's also bad because sometimes you wish you'd kept stuff.....:(

I found out when i got into horoscopes, that i'm everything aquarius, except the taurus moon, (my stubborness lies there) hopefully this causes no offence to any taurus people

I believe in ghosts, horoscopes, everything really.....apparently i used to have a friend called seriol when i was little, he was a tall pale guy i used to say, turns out theres a well near where i used to go on holiday and its dedicated to a 'st. seriol gwyn' (gwyn means white) i read him up and he was pale and always walked with him back to the sun. freaky huh?

btw I've always wanted to go to a nude beach and stuff but i'd be too chicken lol

18. surprised_by_witches

I don't believe in horoscopes, but I do think it's a little freaky how some people really fit their signs. And some people don't. I don't live by it, but I don't discount it entirely either. I do, for example, seem to know an awful lot of emotional pisces and particular virgos. And taurus women and I never seem to quite get along.

I think I saw a ghost once and since then I've tried to keep an open mind about supernatural type thingies.

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are imagined in your philosophy, Horatio ... " I'm probably misquoting. Don't throw things. :D

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm not entirely sure but I think everything is right except the 'imagined.' I think the words are 'dreamt of.' So if anyone starts throwing things I'm going to get hit, too. *ducks* Was that a tomato?

There are writings dating back to the Sumerians (more than 4000 years ago) where people talk about ghosts and vampires. Interesting. We definitely have a need to believe in those things, so pay no attention to troublemakers like me. :rolleyes:

20. zeedudette

zeedudette New Member

well, i believe i have heard a ghost once, but i dont belive in ghost completely. I find it wierd that every male scorpio i meet, i dislike almost as soon as i know them, it just so happens that that's what it says in my horoscope book. As you said, i dont live by it, but when im reading a newspaper or something then i will read it etc.