Troubleshooting Trouble getting Patch 1.2.7

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by sookielee, Jun 25, 2009.

1. sookielee

sookielee New Member

Trouble getting Patch 1.2.7

I cannot get EADM to work at all, I do use firefox browser (is there another) and I've gone thru and done everything EA said to make it work. I till get the error messages about ActiveX and Java Script. I also tried to download and install the patch manually, (from Simprograms) but it says that it i the wrong version. My only guess is that it is the world not US version.

I even went into internet options and tried to dummy it down and lower the settings, but still no go with the download manager. Any suggestions on what I should try next?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Snooty Sims has something about this on his front page.
    Looks like the censor patch is one possible culprit.

3. sookielee

sookielee New Member

Thank a MILLION!!! I did forget to put the original file back in from the censor patch I got at simprograms.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Dang I don't think I have this file any more!

5. sookielee

sookielee New Member

I put the original Shaders_Win32.precomp that I had a backup of back in and the update went like a charm. One thing dumb on my part is that I forgot to make a new backup of this file, o I will have to take all my mod back out and see i I can reapply the patch to get the new one.