Troubleshooting Troubles with sims 3 launch screen....

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by forgetsin, Jun 3, 2010.

1. forgetsin

forgetsin New Member

Troubles with sims 3 launch screen....

Alright two days ago I updated my sims 3 launcher. Like a good little girl. And after doing so I have not been able to play. It now tells me that The sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 expansion pack! So I figure that I would go to the sims 3 web site and ask them how to fix it. Well the one time that I was actually able to get to the forums they wouldn't let me post my problem. There are many others who have had the same problem. And one person said something about getting rid of all mod content. Is this just a way to make sure people won't be able to have mod's on there sims game or what? I just got the new sims three ambitions. And I would really like to install with the knowledge that I have not spent $40 on a game that I won't be able to enjoy.... Please some one help me out here.... And if you could explain it as simply as possible. I'm kinda a blond when it comes to computers... :eek: thanks!

2. Fee

Fee New Member

I am having the same problems. Hope someone can help with a fix for this. Also I don't have any mod content and still have the same problem as you :(

I was going to buy the "Ambitions" tomorrow, but I think I will wait now and see if this gets fixed.

3. forgetsin

forgetsin New Member

Truthfully I uploaded my ambitions last night. And for some reason it had no problem uploading it and making my launch screen work again. SO maybe it was just a marketing ploy. Or maybe it was just a mistake that they seen easily fixed once someone updated their game again? I don't know all I know is that the launch screen now tells me that my game is up to date! so I am happy. $40 dollars well spent! I can't wait to get home from work to play..... Hope it works for you as well!

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Running the launcher and installing all updates should work. The EP should install any missing updates before installing anyway.