Troubleshooting TS2 crashes on neighborhood load

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by .juice, Dec 31, 2006.

1. .juice

.juice New Member

TS2 crashes on neighborhood load

I've successfully installed TS2 and expansion packs on my new machine and the game loads fine. When I select a neighborhood to load, it goes through the loading screen and as soon as it is complete, I get a CTD and a popup that says, "The application has crashed. The application will now close." I've tried just installing the original TS2 with no expansions, and I've tried with just University, and I get the same issue with all of them. My system specs are:

XP Pro w/ SP2
    Intel Core2Duo 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
    2 GB DDR2 666Mhz
    nVidia 7950GT

I've tried running with 98/ME compatibility, but no success. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If you have no downloads (as this is the sort of thing that can cause it most easily), then try looking to make sure that you have the most up to date graphic card drivers. If you don't have the November 2006 driver, then it may not work. (There are other games than TS2 which do the same thing with the older drivers. It's one of the reasons why they did the update for that graphics card.)

You have the kind of system I'd like to have. (I have an AMD 4400+ with 2 7950GTs in SLI. But I'd really love to have the Intel based motherboard and RAM! The AMD duocore didn't have a DDR2 type RAM available. My heart does "lust" after the Intel6900Duo. Sigh. It will be even better once we get Vista, from everything I've read about it.)

The game should run just fine with XP (SP2) Pro. (That's what I run.)

3. .juice

.juice New Member

Indeed I have the newest nvidia drivers, as well as the newest Realtek HD drivers. I can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is.

KatAnubis: I really am enjoying my system (got it about a month ago). The core2 really kicks butt. How does the SLI treat you? I haven't seen any comparisons between single card and dual-SLI, do you notice the difference? Do you do alot of rendering that requires that kind of firepower?