How Do I twins!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by xxbabygrl9xx, Jun 6, 2005.

1. HillsAngel

HillsAngel New Member

One of my Sim families had identical boy twins. When they got to teens I had them change their appearance in the mirror. As for nannies, I don't use them unless I have a one parent family and they haven't been too bad so far. They do enjoy using all the fun facilities like TV, radio and they love the dartboard but they also do their bit with the baby when needed. :confused:

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've had nannies glitch twice, forcing families to move out to avoid having their baby die, and one time that resulted in losing all the children to the social worker.

But I also have had nannies that behaved themselves, so I guess it all depends. I had a single mom sim who made friends with her nanny, and that worked out great.

I find it's best not to ask them to leave. For some reason that can cause problems.

3. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Is there any things you can do to increase your chances of twins being born?

The nannies are so mean! They always play with your stuff and they leave when it gets too late! Anyway, they train the babies, and I'd much rather train them myself (better memories).

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

There are various hacks and mods you can get to have twins, but I think it's more exciting when they pop up on their own. :D Before I had to start over I had a mom who had 2 sets of twins. One set seemed to be identical, and the other were male and female, so of course they were fraternal. ;) I remade her, and she's had 2 pregnancies, both single births. I gave both boys the same names they had before when they were twins, Kaleb and Kyle. But, since they have a different daddy, they won't be the same. They don't even look the same, since I can't figure out where I had downloaded that eye-color she had last time!! :( The default Maxian brown looks so dead to me, and Tina (and her children) had a custom brown that looked very soft and gave them a sweet pupp-dog look.

5. surprised_by_witches

Actually, nannies don't train babies. They overfeed them, occasionally change their diapers, put them in the crib and take them out. They don't really play with them, don't potty train them or teach them to do anything. They're just there so the parents can work.

I prefer to have my parents stay home. Even single parents can do it with two or three money trees and a modest home (smaller bills). If they do their own housework and fix their own broken appliances it stretches even further. And you'd be surprised what they can do without.

For example, sims don't really require a stove. They can get everything they need for a family from a standard refrigerator. You can use crossword puzzles for logic and family interactions for fun. Cleaning the house gives you cleaning points, fixing it gives you mechanical, cooking gives you cooking, so you don't need a bookshelf, though they're handy. So all you really "need" to buy for skill points is an easel, a mirror and a boombox (for working out). And if they have a little extra, well then you can splurge on the chesstable and the bookshelf. Once simkid is a teen the parent will go through the ranks at their job pretty quickly if they spend the time building the points.

Of course, I didn't allow Brandi any elixir and she became an elder while her kids were still a child and a teen, so she's kind of stuck, career-wise. I plan to have her marry a rich, nice sim to make it up to her. LOL.

6. kuponutty

Good idea. Use a rich man to make up for her crummy life (or is it a luxury?) I don't think I'll get a mod for it. But, what are the chances of getting twins? Pretty rare, I think. In all my families, put together they've had 26 births, and not one or them are twins.

I always buy a pink flamingo. For 12 simoleans they sure supply a lot of fun! And, how can you cook with only a fridge? A good way for a bookcase would be getting a messy sim to read a book, and then he/she would place it on the ground. You can delete the main bookcase within 24 sim hours and get all your money back, and the book that was left behind does everything that the main part does (exept write in diary).

7. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

You can make several meals and have snacks without the stove, e.g. chef salad, lunch meat sandwiches, plus instant meals, chips, cookies, juice, cereal (plus maybe some others I can't think of off the top of my head) can all be made without having to use the stove:) . If you have a stove, don't do what I did! I completely forgot about putting a smoke alarm in the kitchen, and the mother of my sims that both had twins, plus their father, died in a huge inferno, leaving a child and a new baby girl behind. Luckily I saved sometime before the fire, so I could just reload. When I did Foxglove had a baby boy instead of a girl, which I was a little miffed about, since I was naming the new babies after characters in Discworld books and it spoiled the naming pattern somewhat... but I digress. I am now zipping my cake hole to prevent further waffling!:D

8. HillsAngel

HillsAngel New Member

I didn't think my Sims would need a smoke alarm for a microwave oven either, but Carlos Vegas was making a TV dinner for himself when the microwave suddenly burst into flames and, as he had no smoke alarm, I had to get him to phone the fire service. They didn't turn up and he phoned again, but they still didn't turn up. Meantime he had a friend (townie) round at his house who I was getting bored with and he was hanging around the fire shouting and gesticulating at the flames. So I thought it could be a good way of exterminating him and got Carlos to go and get on with some other tasks and leave his friend to be engulfed by the inferno. Time went on and the townie wasn't catching alight but most of the kitchen was, so I decided it was time to try and get Carlos to extinguish the flames himself. Lo and behold he produced a fire extinguisher and proceeded to attempt the job single handed. It took quite a time but he put it out in the end, but lost quite a lot of his kitchen.

9. Shintoga

I made the Sims try and extiguish the flames. I tried to call the fire department, but I panicked and clicked on 'Services' instead of 'Emergency'; since I needed to take immediate action I just made them get the extinguishers out, but it was too late and the fire just got increasingly out of control.:cry:

10. surprised_by_witches

I've had sims succesfully dowse flames and others burn to death. I always put in a smoke detector if I care about the sim family in question.

Not sure I would have exited without saving after a deathly fire, though, if it was just me playing. My daughter had a mom sim go up in flames and it traumatized her, poor thing ... she used to run out of the room every time a sim kitchen started on fire.

But in my universe, death by fire is part of sim life ... you could then have the tots adopted by the sibling who didn't go up in flames, and buy that family a smoke alarm.

But, as mentioned, stoves are a luxury. If you truly want bare bones your sims can eat sandwiches and salads. If they don't have babies or toddlers they can even get by with the dorm-sized fridge. I had a sim with one of those and a microwave in her one-room house (OK, two, the bath was a separate room).

Now she's got a separate kitchen and a bedroom too. The house is growing ... along with her family. That's part of the fun of the game, for me.

11. Shintoga

I thought that when you adopted you ended up with random kids? Or can sims adopt children from their relatives if they've been taken away/orphaned?:confused:

12. surprised_by_witches

Yes. If a kid is taken away they're the first ones available from that age group. However, they start over so any potty training, homework learned, etc., is lost. Adopt them in order of age because you have to wait a couple of days between each adoption.

And make sure no one else adopts from that age group until you've gotten all the kids back.

That's how I recovered one of my families. Of course, the son had to adopt his siblings and the parents became the grandparents, oh well.

13. Shintoga

Thanks! I'll bear that in mind next time I have one of my (touch wood) infrequent disasters:D

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Just thought I'd mention. I have a sim, Elizabeth Sparrow, who now has six kids which includes two sets of twins :D . She's a family sim and so is her husband. All they want to do is have babies. Her husband Phineaus has a decent job as a Leading Man but Elizabeth has never been employed except in being pregnant most of the time. The first born, Grace, is now in college. The first set of twins, Loreli and Benjamin, are now teenagers. Ruth Ann is a child and the second set of twins, Georgia and Montana, are still infants. They don't have a very big house or lot. There's hardly room for a tree :p .

And they haven't had a single drop of the green stuff, either. By the time the infants are toddlers I think Mom and Dad will be too old for more babies.

15. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

never have had twins... In fact all the babies born lately have been girls.. Wonder if the sex of the baby is linked to who initiates woohoo?

16. Shintoga

I think it's still pretty much 50/50 as to what sex the babies are born, but that is an interesting theory. Maybe we'll have to experiment...

17. Shintoga

Also, has anyone had twins after their male Sim was abducted by aliens?

18. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I've had it so when I have a lot of guys in my neighborhood, my Sims would have baby girls to balance it out, and vise-versa. :confused:

19. Shintoga

Maybe there is a hidden factor in the game then. But hard for us to prove...

20. kuponutty

Woo Hoo! This was actually my first 'born' baby (all the ones before this were adopted) and it was twins!! A girl and a boy, called Amber and Bradley. They aren't much of a hassle as a baby. I f they cry you cuddle, play, feed, then bathe. And I heard that Maxis likes boys a little more (that's sexist!) than girls. I read in a message board that its roughly 60% chance boy, 50% chance girl and 10% chance twins. And to think, my first born children are twins! By the way, is there some way to improve the family picture? The parents seem to dislike the babies when they're holding them in the family scene. They're all friends with each other...