Troubleshooting Unable to Install Double Deluxe and Fun for Pets

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by BCSpore, Feb 25, 2010.

1. BCSpore

BCSpore New Member

Unable to Install Double Deluxe and Fun for Pets

I'm new here but I'm really frustrated at this problem, so could somebody help please?

Okay, so I just bought the Sims 2 "Fun for Pets" Collection (Sims 2 Pets, Mansion and Garden stuff, and Family Fun stuff) to put on my Sims 2 Double Deluxe.
    I started installing, but as soon as it it 3% it said it can't copy a certain file and it asked if I wanted to try again. I clicked copy again, but immediately after, the same window pops up. After clicking angrily on "Copy again" over and over again, I gave up and clicked "Cancel".
    After it cancelled, I checked the troubleshooting, and saw that I needed to copy the Sims 2 files somewhere else.
    I did as I was told, and than I tried to install the expansion again. It got to 5% this time, before that very same window popped up again on the same file! I can't remember the file name, but it had something to do with Body Shop. So I tried (With the little experience I had) to uninstall Body Shop with no success whatsoever.
    I looked at the troubleshooting again and it told me that if the Expansion makes it so that the origanal game doesn't work, than I would have to reinstall both.
    I uninstalled Double Deluxe, and tried to reinstall it, but the game won't install!!! Right at the beginning of the installation after I type the code, it says it can't copy another file and it also asks me if I want to Copy again or cancel. The same thing happens when I click Copy again as it did the last time. I've been searching for that file on my computer but so far the evidence shows that it doesn't exist!

So can someone please help?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You should be able to go into My Computer and click on the drive that has the cd or dvd in it and copy the file you need from it.
    You may need to go into your program files and erase everything there first and you may need to edit the registry files as well to get a complete reinstall .
    I would suggest you go over to the Sims 2 Wikia page and look through the troubleshooting pages there on how to do it.
    You might also try cleaning the laser in the drive with a laser lens drive cleaner if you've not done so in a while and make sure the two disks are scratched or dirty.