Troubleshooting Unable to water plants

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lewdini, Jul 18, 2007.

1. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Unable to water plants

I noticed that I am unable to water my flowers during the winter season. Is that a bug in the game?

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I'm no Seasons expert -- and I'm just guessing here -- but maybe you can't water your plants because they don't grow in the winter? I know that you can't swim in pools during winter, so maybe the same goes for plants (that you can't water them)? *LOL* it would be funny if your sims tried to swim in plants. :rolleyes: :D

Yup, I have weird imagination. *skips off happily*

3. lewdini

so all my plants will die in the winter?

The autumn season was such a pain when u have like 10 trees that kept shedding their leaves.
    My servo broke down from all that manual labour.

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

*sticks tongue out teasingly* haha your servo died. :silly:

*cough* I mean, may he rest in peace.

I don't think they'll die. Just get a little frostbite. But, like I said before, I'm no Seasons expert.

5. lewdini

Thanks!

6. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Welcome back Lew! Long time no see. ;)

Plants are dormant during the winter - they return to their original state when spring begins. They don't die during winter - you just can't water them. :)

By the way, I'm sure that my sims have been swimming in the pool during winter. :p

As for the leaves - yes it's a bit of a pain to have to rake all those leaves, but often I just leave them there for the winter, because when there is a heavy snowfall, when that disappears, the dead leaves also disappear. Otherwise, I just rake them when I have time and compost them in time for the next round of planting seeds. :p

7. shockerx

shockerx Big Sister

Really? Mine can't. :eek:uch::p

8. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

All pools in TS2 are solar heated. You can even see steam come off them in winter. Only ponds freeze I think anyway.

9. lewdini

will there be an increase chance of falling ill if they swim during the winter?

10. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Never happened to mine and they swim all year round. :D