uncomfortable romance

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

uncomfortable romance

The nephew fell in love with his uncle and there are sparks flying. They are a generation apart in age. I didn't try to make this happen but after the nephew reached maturity, all of a sudden, hearts started popping out every time they saw each other across the room. Oh, well - the heart knows what it knows...They do not care what anyone else thinks!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Are you sure one or other is not a romance sim? That hearts thing is the way sims recognise each other's aspirations for lurve. Have they actually got lighning bolts for each other? :confused:

3. babyace2006

babyace2006 New Member

oh gosh

I didn't even know that was possible.
    I thought it was installed in Sims that family members are strictly family.

:confused:

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

The game is inconsistent. For example, Beatrice Monty has two sparks for her cousin Mercutio's kid, Enrico. This usually doesn't happen and I'm not encouraging it.

And, Gary Thompson, who married into the Capp family, cannot flirt with his wife's sister! She's suddenly family.

Very frustrating when you're trying to make things happen. :rolleyes:

5. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

I've noticed that some more distant relations don't get the little family sign though... It's hard to remember, but I think my sims didn't recognise their cousins as family, although it may have been across a generation.
    I also noticed (it's sort of on topic..) that my adult sim can't do anything more than family kiss her step-father (the sim and her mother really hated eachother so I thought it might add fuel to the fire)

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Still waiting for Jiko to confirm that one or both of the relatives are romance sims. Other sims always do that growl and hearts thing when see a romance sim. It's not attraction as in the chemistry thing of Nightlife.

7. Jiko

Patience, patience, some of us work!

One of them (the nephew) is a romance sim, but that's not all of it. There are definitely lightning bolts and we've had woohoo. I think the age thing is the stranger part for me, somehow, because the there is about 45 sim-years difference.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh pooh! It's any old excuse with you, isn't it? :p

:eek: and ew and ... why did you make them do that? It's almost as if you're as twisted as me .... ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'll see your eew and raise you a shudder.

10. Jiko

:eek: and ew and ... why did you make them do that? It's almost as if you're as twisted as me .... ;) :rolleyes: :eek:[/quote]

Oh, come on! Here we are in sim world, where the rules are different! Of course I had to try as soon as it seemed possible. And NO PROBLEMO! They're all hot pink hearts and purple woohoo now, but - oh, big BUT - I had forgotten about the trail of past crushes and dates an elderly sim can have and invited a few of the wrong people over and BAM. Daggers and fireballs. But they made up. Heartfelt apologies and hot makeout action in the kitchen, during dinner... talk about ewww...we can always use another lesson in cultural relativity, ne?

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah, I love a good sim jealousy routine :rolleyes:

12. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

You are one twisted individual, Jiko...But that's what I like about you! :D

13. Jiko

Now I think I will have them adopt.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Exactly my thoughts. Jiko is a valuable member whose avatars always make me chuckle. Something about that Austin Powers one that makes me smile. :D

15. Jiko

What do you mean, Austin Powers? That's a photograph of me!

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Gee ..., but you are an ugly looking woman, Jiko ... :rolleyes:

17. Jiko

Maybe so, but I'm a very handsome guy!

18. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

"If it had grown up," she said to herself, "it would have made a dreadfully ugly child: but it makes a rather handsome pig, I think."
    Alice.