SimCity Societies Unhandled Exception Error. help please!

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by AllyTans, Jan 4, 2008.

1. AllyTans

AllyTans New Member

Unhandled Exception Error. help please!

every time i attempt to play the game this error appears:

Unhandled Exception:
    Type: class TMill: Common: Exception
    File: c:\sc5premasupdate\source\engine\dxdevice.cpp
    Function: TMill:Engine:GetBestDeviceId
    Line: 609

ive have (hopefully) attached my computer specs so any help would be great..my computer is over two years old now so i have a feeling its probably the graphics card or ram that is not up to scratch.

Attached Files:

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Wow, your computer cannot handle this game. You are exactly correct on the graphics and Ram. You only have 256 which I believe it needs at least 512 (however I perfer 1 gig) and your graphics display is only 32 MB, which will not work, you're going to need at least 256MB graphics card.

3. AllyTans

AllyTans New Member

i was thinking of buying a laptop as this is getting pretty old anyway. would it be more value for money to just buy a laptop with the right specs straight away or wait and buy a video card and some extra ram?

4. AllyTans

AllyTans New Member

like this lap top with the specs attacted for instance?
    im not too good with computers so im not sure if those specs are good enough and value for money!

Attached Files:

5. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

I don't know the English currency, so someone else will have to answer if it's a good price. But that does look like a nice laptop. I'm not too knowledgable on them I just know I want one! LOL

6. Sir Stan

Sir Stan Recovering Wowaholic

That's actually a really good deal, as long as it's not refurbished. Go get it!

7. Karybdis

Karybdis Mod Godfather

I'd say that's deffinitely a decent enough deal for that price....that's less than $1000 I think